Chapter 4: New things, New friends, New idiots

"WAKE UP!" A voice booms. I jolt awake and hit my head on something hard. I raise my hand up to my forehead and groan. I pry my eyes open to a familiar figure that's rubbing his head with a scowl.

"Adrian?" I ask groggily.

"Ow, Mace. What the hell?" Adrian groans, confirming that it is him. I grab my pillow and throw it at him. 

"What are you doing here?!" I hiss. Glancing over at the clock on my bedside table, it's early in the morning. Too early in the morning.

"Your mom opened the door for me before she left for her appointment." Adrian told me. "Thought I'd give you a ride."

I take my phone out from under my pillow to see a text from Brynn. "Usually Brynn does that,"

Brynn ^.^

Can't carpool today, got early bird :( See u at school!

"Just not today." I added.

Adrian stands up and claps his hands together. "Well then, get dressed! I'm going to make breakfast. What are you up for?"

I throw the blanket off my body and stand up as I run a hand through my hair, "I usually have cereal."

Adrian frowns at me before slapping my stomach. "No wonder you're so skinny."

I give him a flat look earning myself a laugh. He pulls me in for a hug and kisses the top of my head. "I'm cooking you something, okay?"

I bury my head in his shoulder and sigh. "Fine." I grumble. Adrian gives me a tight squeeze before pulling back to slap my cheeks repeatedly. 

"Don't fall back asleep."

"Kay." I sigh wearily.

"And believe it or not but it's kinda of chilly outside so dress warm."

"Mhm."

He kisses my cheek and heads towards the door. "Don't burn the house down!" I call out to him.

"No promises!"

I roll my eyes and walk into the bathroom.

*Adrian's POV*

I bounce down the stairs and into the kitchen. Opening the fridge, I take out a few eggs while a few barks echoed through the house. I felt a slight scratching motion down on my ankles. I look down to find Lulu jumping on my legs. "Wait for your turn." I laugh.

Finishing the last of the eggs on the pan, Lulu begins to whimper impatiently as she waits to be fed. I sighed at the fact that she had been scratching at my ankles since the aroma of fresh breakfast drifted through the house.

"Macey!" I groaned loud enough so my best friend could at least take the hint to get her ass down here and feed her dog. Getting no reply, I sighed and focused my attention on the eggs. Truthfully, I'm surprised I hadn't burned the poor eggs since I had no experience of cooking my own food for a while now. The staff around our house used to take care of our every need back in LA. I would watch the chef cook once in a while, observing their techniques.

"Your two are so impatient." 

Cracking a smile, I turn my attention away from the eggs and to the figure leaning against the counter with her signature smile. Macey's hair flew down in waves and she was wearing a white sweater with 'LOVE' written across. Lulu let out a sharp bark and continued her obnoxious whimpering.

"For God's sakes, Macey, feed your damn dog!" I order rudely, giving Lulu a death glare as if I'm trying to kill her with my stare. Macey rolls her eyes at me before heading to the pantry. Lulu's at her feet once Macey poured a cup of kibble into a bowl.