Chapter 7: Up Sides and Down Sides

It's been weeks since Adrian made his victorious return back to Florida and wrenched himself back into my life. And may I say, I couldn't be happier. Adrian felt like the other half of one of those broken heart necklaces that were given to another as a promise to stay together no matter what. He completes the other half.

Corny, right?

Just another one of his changes to my life; not a good thing. But because of him, Chase and I replenished that bond we had back in our middle school days while Brandon continues to amaze us with his impeccable wit. Sometimes though, it's more like flirt techniques for our little blond headed friend. My girls seem to enjoy–well, at least less hate– coming to school. I could safely say that school has been more enjoyable this year with all the upsides Adrian brought with his new label. For the down sides...

"Move, you tramp!" Cammie screeched. I cringed at the freakishly high pitch of her voice. Cammie dug her long nails into my shoulder and roughly pushed me into a row of lockers.

"Jesus Christ, Cammie." I mumbled. "Trim down those witch nails of yours."

Cammie has somehow raised the 'Hate Macey Daniels' bar by several notches since Adrian arrived. As if she couldn't hate me anymore with her constant insults, pranks, and scenes before Adrian came back.

Cammie turned sharply on her heels to face me. I gagged as her dyed blond hair flicked me in the face sending a wave of suffocating perfume into my lungs.

"It's called fashion." She stated with her head held high.

"It's called an excuse for you to freak out like breaking a nail is more important than losing your virginity." I snorted before gasping and pouting my lips. "Oh, wait. That's the truth, my bad."

Cammie glared at me with her piercing blue eyes before whipping around and strutting down to lunch. A triumphant smile crept up my face as I watched her furiously snap at a couple freshman to get out of her way.

"Aw, Macey!" A voice called out. I looked to my left and found the whole crew walking towards me with different expressions glued to their faces. Brandon had his hands up in a disbelieving way and gave me a what-the-hell look.

I stepped away from the lockers and made my way over to them. "Problem?"

"We're gone for five minutes and you almost start a cat fight?" Dylan quizzes.

Chase grasps my shoulders and shakes them. "You know how much we love when you guys fight!"

I slapped his arms away from my shoulders and roll my eyes at them. "We did not almost start a fight." I said. The hall was completely empty by the time we started walking towards the cafeteria. Several heads turned in our direction when we walked in. A few whispered and pointed at me when I started towards our usual table.

Another down side was that part of the school population stared or whispered about the famous Adrian Chapmen's best friend. Some drooled and awed over our close relationship. Most girls envied it. Some liked to gossip about it and twist the words like the whole school joined in a game of telephone. Rumors were spread about Adrian and I being an item and becoming the next 'it couple'.

Oh, please.

Me and Adrian? Yeah, sure. Come back to me when all mythological creatures are proved to be real and not figures of a whack job's imagination. You don't see Big Foot dancing on stage with Lady Gaga or Johnny Depp riding the streets of Hollywood on a magical unicorn now, do you?

Everyone but me and Amber fled to scavenge some food. Being the non-fan of the mysterious substances that they put in the food here, I bring my own for lunch from home when I'm in the mood to eat. Adrian's been forcing me to bring food instead of 'starving my stick figure down to twigs' as he put it. Dramatic much?