“Mr. Ray,” Eric said.

“Tom,” dad corrected.

“I’m a boy,” he corrected. “Well man.”

“I see,” dad said slowly, smiling a little, “I just forgot because the way you two were acting was like Rose having a slumber party in high school.”

“Those were the times,” I sighed.

“Now, tell me what is going on.”

“She attacked me because I had a headache and wouldn’t get out of bed,” he lied.

“You liar!” I exclaimed. “That’s not what happened.”

“Don’t call me a liar!” He said, a little offended but I could see him smirking under his little act.

“Liar, liar, liar!” I teased.

“Don’t call me a-“

“Rose, Eric,” dad said. “Stop this. I’m going to town and I want to come home and find you two alive. Not dead after strangling each other.”

“Sorry dad,” I apologised.

“Yeah, I’m sorry too dad.” Eric copied.

“Oh, shut up,” I rolled my eyes.

"And Eric," dad said to him. "I've finished clearing up the attic so you can sleep there tonight." 

"Thank you," Eric thanked, smiling. 

"Where'd you put all the stuff?" I asked. "Basement?" 

"Yes," dad answered. "I managed to squeeze them in." 

"Oh," I said. "Anyway, I'm going to the bathroom," I told them and walked out of the room. I heard footsteps behind me, going to different directions, one down the stairs and the other up the stairs, where the attic was. 

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. After brushing my hair, I tied it into a pony tail and suddenly heard beeping coming from outside. I ran outside and saw Eric, that idiot, sitting inside my brown truck. So it wasn't the car of my dreams but I was getting a proper one soon. Or that's what dad told me. 

"Nice car you've got here," he grinned.

"How the hell did you get inside?" I asked, trying to remember if I locked the door or not.

“I hot wired it, duh,” I stared at him shocked. He hot wired my car? "Rose, I was kidding. Harry let me in so I could take it for a spin.”

“Take it for a spin? I don’t think so.”

“Oh come on,” he begged.  

“No, no way!” I folded my arms and looked away while he tried to do his puppy face.

“Oh come on Rose,” a new voice said, punching my arm softly.

“No, Harry.” I punched him back but much harder.

“Is she always so bossy?” Eric asked Harry.

“Are you kidding me? Ever since she was-” I shot Harry an angry look and he shook his head. “Nope, she’s an angel.”

I turned my head back to see Eric grinning. I was guessing Harry was nodding his head. He did know I could see him from the reflection of the car window? Why does it feel like I’m older than him sometimes?

“Now, get out of my car,” I demanded. He did as I instructed and I quickly locked the door with the keys that Harry had stolen off me somehow. "Eric, are you feeling any better?" I asked him with a grin.