Chapter 2- Love Life Is The Sahara Desert

Start from the beginning

She made me wear the black off shoulder dress and a necklace. She straightened my hair and they fell nicely on my back. My bangs were nicely placed. She told me that she did light makeup but when I looked at my eyes I was terrified. Smokey eyes are definitely not the true definition of light makeup. According to her, it however is. The maroon lipstick made my lips look full.

"Are you sure about this off shoulder dress Keechee because I can like also go in my pajamas?" I asked.

"Oh no dear. You look really beautiful," she said as she cupped my face and pulled me into a hug.

I hugged her back. "Alright my dramatic Keechee I'm just going on a date not to war. Can I go now? You took a long time to get me ready," I said as she gave me a black purse.

"If you need anything just call me," she said.

"Alright!" I said.

Both of us went outside and it was really cold. Why is always so cold? There was an uber waiting for me outside. I sat inside, waving st Keechee and left.

~~~

As I was walked in the restaurant, a waiter greeted me. "Ma'am your name?" He asked.

"Olive. Olive Montgomery," I said as he smiled.

"Follow me please?" He said as he took me to my seat. "The date will start at 9:00."

I nodded and smiled faintly. How does he know? Do they sponsor it or something?

Oh well.

I sat down looked at my watch and it was 8:45. I decided to be patient and wait. I saw a card in the middle of the table I was sitting in which said my name on it and also another name. Maybe this was the guy's name. The card said 'Welcome Olive and Richard.'

When I read the card, there was a long in my heart and my heart ached. I quickly ignored the feeling and debated on whether I should stay or leave. I decided to stay seated and wait.

I looked around and saw many people. On one of the tables there was a guy with glasses and the girl was like a model. The guy kept on drinking water and listened to the girl talking. He didn't even get to talk.

I hope my date lets me talk.

On a different table there were two girls who were holding each other's hand. This is the perfect type of relationship. No complaints or regrets.

I sighed.

Suddenly a girl walked in. I looked at her and found her shouting at the waiter. Her hair were dirty blond and short. She had brown eyes. She wore a pink dress which was really short.

She walked to one of the empty tables and sat down. After a while I looked out the window and didn't see anyone coming. Suddenly the door opened and another man walked in.

When I looked at him, I recognized him instantly. He is the guy from the grocery store who was staring at me. I stood up as he came closer to my table.

"Olive?" He asked as I caught him looking at the card.

"Richard?" I narrowed my eyes.