John: #2

Pairing: John Watson x Reader
Song: I Want To Love You by Lenachka
Warnings:❗️Season 4 spoilers ❗️

SERIOUSLY DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED SEASON 4 OF SHERLOCK

I'M TELLIN YAH DON'T DO IT

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

You've never been the one to wear what you feel on your sleeve

You sat in 221B, sipping tea and looking out the window.

If I'm the same, then how could we get to the place we both know where we need to be

You were sitting on the floor, forehead resting on the glass.

I let my heart come undone

Sherlock was sitting in his chair, silent. You thought he was in his mind palace, but he was staring at the back of your head.

Hold out to me before I turn into one

He had known his partner in crime was oblivious, but this was a whole new level.

I want to love you

You were as much one of Sherlock's friends as John was, and he was worried for you.

The corners of your heart know ones been to

For an honorable man such as himself, John was sure making a fool out of himself.

I wanna know you

Everyone could see how you felt for the doctor, except the doctor himself. But John was still grieving his loss, and didn't notice anything.

Run my fingers down the creases and unfold you

The peace of 221B was interrupted by a knock and then someone opening the door.

Tell me, show me how

"Hello?"

I wanna love you

It was John.

You make it so hard not to love you

You curled into a tight ball against the window, and Sherlock caught it, lips dropping into a frown. This wasn't right.

So take my hand, take me away

"(Y/N)? Are you alright?" John asked from behind you.

Don't want to wonder what we shoulda, coulda been

You nodded, biting your lip. Tears were falling from your eyes, but as long as you faced the window, he'd never see them.

A perfect fit, a big mistake

"What do you need John?" Sherlock's voice was hard, and you almost turned around just to see his expression.

Doesn't matter I have to know either way

John was taken aback.

I let my heart come undone

"Well I wanted to stop by, and see if there were any cases you were working on. Mary always said we worked better together. She was right about a lot of things, especially that. Molly's watching Rosie for a while."

Hold on to me

It had been almost two years since Mary. John brought her up every single time you saw him. You couldn't take it anymore. He talked to innocently, so carelessly, and your heart was breaking.

Before I turn and run

You stood up and rushed to Sherlock bedroom, slamming the door shut. You dove under his covers, sobbing.

I wanna love you

"NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" You heard Sherlock roar.

The corners of your heart no ones been to

You heard some muffled talking from the living room, and then the slam of the front door.

I wanna know you

You peeked out from under the covers as the door opened and Sherlock stepped in.

Run my fingers down the creases and unfold you

You scooted over and he sat down beside you.

You held me down

"I'm sorry."

Tell me but show me how

You shrugged, wiping at your face.

I wanna love you

"He doesn't see it. That's not your fault."

You make it so hard not to love you

"Or yours." He said back, and you nodded slowly.

I feel my heart become undone

The two of you stared at the wall, in concentration and sorrow.

I feel my heart come undone

"We'll be ok." Sherlock spoke up again. He patted your shoulder, the small bit of comfort he could give you.

I feel my heart come undone

You smiled up at him, eyes still watery.

You make it so hard not to love you

"We will."

I wanna love you