Sherlock: #3

Pairings: Sherlock Holmes x Reader
Warnings: Sad Sherlock
whoops sorry I keep writing sad ones xx

Sherlock sat in his chair, frozen.

His arms laid limply at his sides, and his eyes were dull.

Mrs. Hudson knew better than to bother him when he got like this.

If you were here, you'd know exactly how to cheer him up.

The thought striked him like a whip.

You knew him better than anybody, even John Watson.

With all of the dangers you were put through on a  daily basis, Sherlock never would've thought it'd be sickness that took you. It ran in your family; your mom and grandfather had died from cancer. Sherlock couldn't protect you from your own blood.

Sherlock missed you. So much it hurt. He could remember the first day he ever met you, like it was just yesterday. His eyes fogged over with memories.

_____________

Sherlock had been sent grocery shopping, and was having a row with the chipping machine. You were shopping there as well, and seeing his trouble, you offered your help.

He denied at first, but eventually gave in.

You were surprisingly kind, even when he got sassy and deduced you. That drew him in, and then he was a goner.

You had the prettiest smile, with dimples that he got lost in. 

You exchanged numbers, or rather, you slipped your number into his pocket when he wasn't paying attention, and he couldn't resist calling you.

____________

Sherlock smiled sadly. He'd never forget coming home that day and finding the slip on paper in his coat. That day changed his life; for the better.

He didn't know how he was supposed to ever clean your stuff away. He probably never would. He knew, in the bedroom in your side of the closet, there was a special piece of clothing.

A white dress.

____________

Sherlock proposed 2 months before you were diagnosed. You hadn't planned on having the wedding for another year, but suddenly you didn't have a year.

So all of your friends worked together and pulled all the strings they could, and you had a small wedding within the month.

Mary helped you pick out a beautiful dress, simple and elegant.

Close friends and family were the only people who attended, and it was perfect.

John helped you down the isle, and was extremely patient, even when you had to stop and catch your breath midway through.

Sherlock loved you so much that day.

Even with your translucent skin and shaky stature, you were the perfect bride. You both laughed and cried and enjoyed that special day with your close ones.

A honey moon wasn't an option, but the doctors let you stay out of the hospital for a few days. They were spent with Sherlock and John, cozy in 221B.

____________

Sherlock didn't ever want to move the dress.

Even more than that, he didn't want to move the memories of you. Everything that belonged to you in the flat was a memory.