Mycroft: #3

Pairing: Mycroft Holmes x Reader
Warnings: some light feels

You were nervous.

It took you years to pluck up the courage to contact Sherlock Holmes. Even longer to let him set up a meeting for you with Mycroft.

Mycroft.

You hadn't seen the Holmes boys in 15 years. Sherlock was different, but what about Mycroft?
He'd loved you then, would he now?

Sherlock convinced Mycroft he was meeting an important business opportunity. In reality he was seeing you. It was going to be a shock.

You spent hours getting ready beforehand. You plaited your hair and smoothed out your dress and did your makeup.

You sat in a dark car across from the cafe. Sherlock was going to call you when Mycroft was there, and then you were to walk in.

The silence was interrupted by your phone going off. Sherlock had texted you.

He's in. Good luck
-SH

You turned your phone off and took a deep breath. You stepped out of the car and approached the cafe. You caught your reflection in the window, and you paused.

You looked different. You were much taller, even without the heels you were currently wearing. Your hair was a different color and you were no longer an awkward teen. You were grown up and strong and graceful.

Would he even recognize you?

You shook your head and walked into the cafe. The bell ringed and you waved the hostess off, pointing to the booth in the corner when Mycroft sat.

She shot you a smile and you gave her a shaky one back. You stepped towards Mycroft, his back towards you as he looked at the menu.

"Are you still on that dreadful diet? Last time I saw you, you were refusing to eat carbs." You spoke, sliding into the seat across from him. He dropped his menu, eyes widening.

"(Y/N)?"

You have him a half smile. "This was the only way I could think of to get you here. I doubt you would've taken my call. Sherlock helped, of course." You were blabbering, wishing Mycroft would stop staring at you so intently.

"Sherlock? Of course he did. Anything to fluster me, hm?"

You shook your head. "Well that's wasn't my intention. I was in town and I–I wanted to see the Holmes boys. It's been a long time."

"15 years." He said flatly.

You shrunk back into your seat at his tone and nodded stiffly. "It took me at least 12 to gather up the courage to call. I figured you and Sherlock would hate me."

Mycroft softened his hard look. We could never hate you, (y/n)."

"I'm glad to hear that." You said meekly.

The two of you spent the next hour chatting about where you both had been and what you had been doing.

Mycroft told you of Sherlock's antics, and you told Mycroft of the horrid place your parents had moved you to all those years ago.

"You've changed an awful lot." He observed as you both left the cafe together.

"Change is good, isn't it?" You asked hopefully.

He nodded after a moments pause, giving you a rare smile. "Change is very good."