The Curse ~Chapter Two~

Chapter Two

~Flashback~

Gavin had to take me to the police station when posters and pictures of me on the TV came on. At first I thought he was going to dump me again, lying saying I couldn't stay with him, but then he told me if anyone asked that he was my uncle that my grandparents adopted but he never had contact with me or mamma. When we were at the station he told them he was my uncle and I would be living with him from now on.

I could see the woman was suspicious about this. She told Gavin she wanted to she wanted to talk to me alone and call social services.

They asked me questions about Gavin. Who he was, if I knew I had an uncle, if he had 'touched' me.

The social worker was still unsure about leaving me in the care of Gavin, she wanted to take me to a foster home for the night while they looked up Gavin's history and other things.

I screamed with all my might when she tried to take me away. I was scared about what would happen when the sunset.

While I was still screaming, Gavin tried to convince the social worker to let me stay with him.

"I'm sorry, but I'm just following procedures. She cannot stay with you until we have clarified that she is safe to stay with you." She told him.

"No, no, no!" I was screaming, when Gavin held my head.

"Tianna? Tianna, listen to me!" I stopped screaming and looked at him. "Now, it's just for one night. I will see you in the morning. Okay?" he asked.

I shook my head, "I don't want to." I whined.

"Tianna, please. Just one night," he pulled me into a hug and whispered in my ear, "Just stay in a closed room. Preferably a room you can lock yourself in with a closed window." He pulled away. "You'll be fine," he kissed my forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow. Be good."

I quietly got into the car and we drove away. I turned to watch Gavin out the back window. Yet again, I felt alone in the world.

When we got to the foster home, a woman was standing at the door waiting for us. She was short, round face and had dark brown hair with natural grey. She looked to be early fifties, late forties. She introduced herself to me as Ms. Williams.

There were a total of six other children in the foster home. Two teenagers, sixteen years old, a ten year old boy, a nine year old boy, a five year old girl and an eight year old girl.

At first Ms. Williams wanted me to share the room with the other eight year, but thankfully social worker suggested it would be better if I could have a room of my own for the night.

They continued to talk while I sat quietly to myself. When I looked out the window I noticed it was nearly sunset and panicked.

"May I please go to bed?" I asked politely.

"Do you not want any dinner first?" Ms. Williams asked.

"No, thank you. I'm just really tired and ready for bed," eager to get to a bedroom before the sunset and I transform.

Ms. Williams nodded her head and showed me to the room. It was a small box room with a wardrobe and drawers. A small, single bed sat in the corner of the room.

"Sorry it's not very welcoming or comfort looking," she apologised. Her tone caring and gentle.

"It's fine," I quickly said. Trying to get her to leave when I saw the orange, pink, red sky. "Good night." I said closing the door. I was in luck when I saw a key to the lock.

"Good night," I heard Ms. Williams call from the other side.

When I turned to look back out the window, everything when black.

When I awoke the next morning I was on top of the wardrobe. I squeaked and looked around the room for my clothes.

I carefully climbed down from the wardrobe, grabbed my clothes from behind it and once dressed unlocked the door. I could hear people down stairs so quietly I crept down the stairs.

"Hi," I voice said behind me.

I yelped and spun to see a girl. She was either eight or seven, I couldn't tell.

"I'm Sally, you must be Tianna," she offered her hand to me, I shock it. "Come on, let's go get some breakfast."

She led me downstairs to the dining room where everyone else was sat.

"Ah, Tianna. Good morning and good news. Your social worker rang this morning, your uncle will be here in an hour to pick you up." She told me.

I smiled at her and sat down next to Sally.

She introduced me quickly to everyone else. The two teens who were twins were Sasha and Kieran. The ten year old boy was Josh. The nine year old was Alex, Chloe was five and the girl I was originally going to share the room with last night was Sally. I smiled at that thought, I really liked Sally she was kind.

They were all really nice to me. After breakfast I followed Sally to her room and Chloe tagged along too. We sat there talking for ages, Sally told me how Ms. Williams had a private tutors come in and teach them all. We then talked about are favourite things, colours, food etc. Then Ms. Williams called me to come downstairs.

Sally came downstairs with me and again Chloe followed us. When we walked into the living room, Gavin was standing there talking to Ms. Williams.

"Gavin!" I cried out and ran over to him.

He turned towards me and thankfully caught me when I threw myself into his arms. "Hey, kiddo," he laughed. "You okay?"

I nodded. "Do I get to go home with you now?" I asked him.

"Yes, you do. But, erm..." he hesitated.

"What?" I asked panicked.

"You still have to go to school." He told me.

I thought about it for a millisecond before replying, "No deal," before jumping out of his arms and running back upstairs to Sally's room.

~End Flashback~