Chapter 17~ Kiss and Make up

Jared's POV

A sigh of relief escapes my lips as Max calls "Cut!"

Four months of filming has been torture. It's not the movie... it's Y/N. Kissing her and holding her hand on set is magical, but it crushes me to know it's only scripted, that she hasn't felt feelings for me for four months, or maybe even never at all. Since she called things off, it's been so hard to look at her. I can't even stay in character.

"Y/N, Jared, a word please!" Max signals us over to him. We walk over to him, neither of us saying anything to each other.

"What's up, Max?" I sigh, crossing my arms over my chest.

"With the premier coming up in five months, we're going to need a little push for ticket sales. The fans want it, the press wants it, so I'm gonna need you two to act in love."

Y/N's eyes widen slightly and her face goes pale.

"I can't act like I'm in love with Y/N. I can't do it because I am in love with her. Because I love her, I won't do that because I know this is making her uncomfortable. You don't put the people you love in uncomfortable positions...even if they don't love you back." With that, I spin and walk to my trailer so neither of them can see the tears building in my eyes.

(Your POV)

Tears form in my eyes as I stand there, frozen in thought.

"Y/N?" Max snaps his fingers in my face.

"I have to go." I whisper, turning and racing out of the studio, my head down, tears rushing down my face.

I run into someone in the process.

His cologne...

I keep my head down, and he keeps his hands on my forearms, "We have to stop running into each other like this." He says quietly, his hand making it's way to my chin, tilting my head up slightly, forcing me to look into his tear filled eyes.

Those glassy orbs send me in a trance that screams at me to kiss him. No.

I sniffle, my bottom lip trembling. He wipes away my tears with his thumb, and I close my eyes, taking in his soft touch.

I love him.

But I'm scared of loving him.

All I've been was used in the past, and the concept of love scares me to death.

"C-can we talk?" His voice shakes.

I open my eyes, staring at his lips.

God damn!

I pull him into a hungry kiss, which he kisses back passionately. My hands pull his hair lightly, causing him to moan in my mouth. His hands trail down my waist to my hips, pulling me even closer to him.

"Bout time you two made up." We hear Shaliene call from across the lot.

***

"I'm so confused." I sigh in frustration, resting my head on my knees.

I don't know how or why, but we ended up in Jared's bathtub. (There's no water and we're both dressed- that's just where we chose to talk. Probably because it's hard to run away.)

He reaches over and rubs my leg, "It's okay..."

"It's not! It's not okay! My head is so fucked up, I never know what to feel! I hurt you! I made you think that I don't love you, but Jared, I do! I do love you! But.... I'm afraid." I cry, looking into his eyes.

His face softens, "Y/N... I won't hurt you."

"I'm not afraid of you. I'm afraid of love." I sigh, leaning back against the rim of the tub.

"Look," he takes my hand, "I don't know what happened to you in the past, and it's not my place to ask, but some things you have to let go of. Even if it isn't with me, one day, you're gonna fall unconditionally in love with someone, and nothing else but them will matter."

My eyes scan his, my mouth parted at the slightest. How can he be so okay with this? How is he that understanding. He really is an amazing guy...

"Do you wanna... stay the night?" His voice is low, and he speaks slowly.

I tilt my head, observing his expression, "Y-yeah." I sit up.

He pulls me up and we step out of the tub, the two of us heading to his bedroom.