Chapter 15~ Working Girl

"Welcome back everyone!" Max cheers, "Today, is officially our first day of filming! So, firstly, everyone will go to their designated trailers, which are located in the back lot, and get into costumes and makeup. After everyone is finished, you will have thirty minutes to rehearse each scene. Today, we're going to try and cover scenes one and two. That's it! Schedules will be in your trailers. You're dismissed!"

Everyone stands up, and Jared grabs my hand.

Shailene walks next to us, "I saw the Buzzfeed article! So, you two are official?"

"Yep." Jared smiles.

"Cute!" She squeals before going into her trailer.

Jared walks me to mine, "See you in a bit, Alex." He kisses my cheek before walking to go find his trailer.

I open the door and step inside. My eyes widen as I see Kat Von D organizing my makeup. She looks up at me, "Oh, hey, Y/N. Come have a seat and I'll get your makeup on."

I walk over and sit down in the chair next to her, "One, I have your makeup line. Two, I didn't know you did makeup for films."

"One, thank you. Two, this is my first time. I figured I'd try something new, y'know?" She smiles while glancing at a paper.

The paper says what makeup I need to wear.

"Okay." She says to herself, digging through the makeup and pulling out a primer.

Just as she's about to put it on me, Max walks in with one of the camera men, Steve. "Hello, ladies. We're just shooting some BTS stuff. So, Y/N, just tell us what you're doing." Max explains.

"O-okay."

"Action."

"So, this is day one of filming, and everyone is pretty hyped. This is my makeup artist, some of you may recognize her, Kat, and she's going to make me pretty for the camera!" I smile, trying to sound chill.

"Cut! Okay, great. Would you guys be okay if we have a time lapse on the makeup process?"

"Sure." Kat and I reply in unison.

Max pulls a smaller camera and a tripod out of a bag and sets it up, "Okay, this'll be recording. We don't want to crowd you, plus we have to get to the rest of the cast. When you're finished, just shut the camera off, and we'll come and get it later."

"Okay."

The two walk out and shut the door.

"Alright, Y/N. Let's get this over with." She primes my face, then puts concealer on it followed by some light powder. Next is my eyes. She uses three different eyeshadows to create a smokey eye.

Next is red lipstick

Next is red lipstick. Pretty much a grunge look. Pretty much my average makeup.

"Alright! We're done. Your costume is over on that rack, I'll step out so you can get changed." Kat stands up and leaves the trailer. I shut the camera off then change into the outfit.

"Okay, Kat!" I call, and she comes back in

Her hands cover her mouth, "Oh wow! Star quality, baby!"

I chuckle, "Thanks."

"All we need to do is the hair then you're ready!"

She trims my hair about an inch, adds a few more layers, and styles it into a fringe, "Done!"

I look in the mirror and smile. I can't believe I'm actually the lead in a movie. It's all I've ever imagined, "Thank you, Kat! It's- It's amazing."

"No, doll. You're amazing. Now, get out and go rehearse. I'll see you later!"

I flash her a smile then walk out of my trailer, the LA sun warming my skin. The whole makeup/hair/outfit process took about an hour. Not bad.

I jump when I feel arms wrap around my waist from behind, "Look at you..."

"Hey, J." I smile, resting my hands on top of his. I spin around, "How long did it take for you costume and makeup?"

"Eh, 'bout twenty minutes. I really like your hair."

"Lucky. I was in my trailer for an hour. Thanks. You look cute." I say, noticing his messy hair.

"I always look cute."

I laugh and lean into him. He wraps his arms around me. I love being close to him.

"So," I sigh, pulling away, "Should we head inside?"

"Yep. Let's go." He grabs my hand, and we walk in together.