Chapter 29

Days had passed  since I had spoken to Captain about my plan and I was getting more and more nervous.

I had asked Joe numerous times about when they were planning to do the heist but he kept avoiding the conversation. If I could ask one more time, he would have been suspicious if he wasn't already. He was coming around the house a lot lately and surprisingly Michael was fine with it. Joe didn't want to risk me going to his apartment so I seldom went there.

"Okay, remind me next time never to go jogging with you," he said as he sat down clearly tired. We had just came from a jog which he had challenged me to go, but I proved to be much faster and stronger than he thought I was. We sat by the pool afterwards. It was nice to go jogging with someone and also when the sun was setting.

"If you think that was good, don't dare challenge me to boxing."

"Really girl, you box?"

"Tae bo classes, three times a week." I said with a grin.

"You never cease to amaze me. Maybe that is why I am so intrigued by you. You are so different."

"Ha ha, different from what exactly Mr.?"

"Everything," he answered and then he kissed me. With all the sweat we had from running, we still were very much attracted to each other clean or not.

"Drinks anyone?" Michael said interrupting us holding a tray with freshly squeezed juice.

"erm thanks?." He nodded and then walked away.

"Uncle George seems to be coming around now," Joe said as he sipped the juice.

"I know, I guess he finally accepted that I need to be happy too," I giggled. "Um so when are you going to do that job?" I was sipping my juice and avoiding eye contact with him.

"Why?" he asked clearly surprised I was bringing it up again.

"I'm just asking I need to know that you will be safe, that's all.."

"Hmm, you have been asking about this a lot lately, but don't worry your man can take care of himself, I think it's cute that you are worried about me," he said as he nibbled my neck.

"I know you can take care of yourself Joe, I just.. I don't want to lose you. At least grant me the wish to spend the night with you before you go."

"Ha ha ha, are you scared that I won't come back and give you all of this," he said moving his hand up and down his chest, "c'mon T, I will be fine. But since you have asked I will grant you the wish to spend tonight with me, if you will have me."

I had been avoiding sleeping with him for a while now because I needed to use that as an opportunity to get more information about the heist, and with me not being able to go to his apartment it was the perfect excuse, as we couldn't obviously do it in my uncle's house.

"I would love that babe, but you said we can't go to your apartment for now just to be safe."

"I know, but I was actually hoping we could spend tonight together here. Things have been great between us and your uncle seems to be warming up to me."

"Joe, I don't think that would be appropriate, it will seem a bit disrespectful to my uncle and I don't want..."

"C'mon, I even brought an overnight bag, you can't say no to this face." He said as he did the puppy dog face pout.

"Fine, fine let me ask my uncle and hear what he says."

"Right word is let me CONVINCE my uncle, he surely can't say no to you right?"