Chapter 17

It had been a few days since I had been to Captain's house. There was a lot of tension in the house between Michael and I, especially since Mia was making a habit of wanting to spend the night. I know they hadn't slept together yet and just the thought of when it will happen was killing me. I was occupying myself with the party planning so I had used that as an excuse not to meet up with Joe.

I had seen him the day after he had suggested we become friends, he was trying to cheer me up but I was just not in the mood. He wasn't coming to the party obviously, 'so as to not make anything awkward' between us but I knew he just didn't want to come.

This had gotten me motivated to crack the case. At times like these when I was alone I always tried to focus on my own so I won't miss Johnny or even Rocky. Agent Morris had gotten in touch with the local police and everything was setup for the party. Michael had told Mia and her dad that he was travelling on business, which I was relieved to hear, because I knew at least he wasn't spending the night with her. He had told me that he was going back to his place and doing some further research from there.

The party was scheduled to start around eight but my team had come early, so that they could check the perimeter and know the blind spots were drug dealing could happen. We also had a lot of alcohol but all of us were not going to be drinking.

People started showing up around 8.30. I didn't know any of them but I guess kids love where there is a party and it didn't matter who was hosting it. I was still upstairs getting ready so that I could make an entrance, as the host. I had decided to wear a cute short white skirt with a long sleeve burgundy crop top and black heels. I had curled my hair and let it down. I started making my way down and everyone started cheering. Kids are weird. They didn't even know who I was but yet they were sucking up already. I guess it went with being rich. As I got down Sean, one of the rookies, handed me a microphone and I introduced myself. I told them to have a great time, and party like there was no tomorrow. I was followed by more cheers and whoo hoos. The music started blasting and I made my way to Juicy, the little drug dealer on the streets. Apparently his name was Juicy because he could give you all the 'juice' you could ever need, and I suspected he meant drugs.

He introduced me to his friends, and I could tell he just wanted to gloat that he knew me 'personally'. "Thanks for coming," I said to him kissing him on the cheek. "Make my friends happy."

"Happy is my middle name," he said as he stood up with his back pack. I didn't want any of the kids to take the drugs but I had to stall and get Juicy a bit out of it with alcohol before the police showed up. I got a text from Michael asking if everything was fine and if he should come back, but I just brushed him off telling him everything was going according to plan.

The party was actually nice, we were dancing and people were drinking. It was almost 12 and Juicy wasn't drunk yet, he didn't even look tipsy. He knew how to handle himself, probably for business. I poured two drinks for us with his more than mine and walked over to him. I was going to make him drink. He had sold most of his stash to my 'rich friends' and I could see how proud of himself he was.

"Hey you, are you enjoying yourself?" I said handing him the drink.

"This party is dope, I don't think I have ever gone to a party as crazy as this and oh yeah I don't really drink on the job," he replied putting the glass down.

"C'mon, you need to lighten up, my friends are loving the service you are giving them and if you continue I will be tagging you along to some of our exclusive parties." As I said this I was also distracting him, I put my leg up revealing a bit of the panties I was wearing. "I admire you, for not drinking on the job." I said running my fingers down my leg. 

"I just hope it doesn't mess up your chances because the first rule about being a businessman especially in this type of business, is you sometimes have to go to the same level as your clients. If you are boring they will also get bored of you, what you need to do is show them that you can keep up with them."

"Yeah, I k-know," he stuttered looking at my legs and gulped saliva,"but I don't want to lose focus you know." 

"Okay," I said standing up. "Suit yourself."

"Tiana wait, maybe I can loosen up a bit." I smiled and then turned around. 

"How about shots?" I said dragging him to the table. I nodded to one of the rookies and he texted Brian and they tipped off the local police.

My phone started ringing and to my surprise it was Joe, I went outside were there was less noise and answered.

"Hi Tiana, um I'm by the gate can you please come."

I guess he had decided to come, I checked myself on my phone mirror, then walked to the gate, I slightly opened it and there he was in his truck.

"I see you decided to come?" I said folding my hands.

"Look I need you to get into the car right now please." He sounded nervous, like he was in trouble or in a hurry.

"Are you blind? I am hosting a party. If you are not going to come in then we will talk some other time."

"Tiana!" he shouted in a commanding voice, which actually surprised me. "Look I know I'm the last person you want to listen to but please just get in the car trust me on this."

I looked at him then got in the car and he sped off. "Where are we going?" I asked trying to be calm. He didn't answer instead he made a sharp curve turn and I almost bumped my head. "Seat belt now!" was all he said. I did as asked. We got to some apartments in a nice area and he led the way till we got to a nice bachelor penthouse.

"Whose house is this?" I asked looking at him and there was silence.

"Joe what am I doing here? You better have a good explanation or else I....."

Before I could even finish the sentence, he grabbed me and pressed his lips against mine. His lips were warm and sweet. It felt like our mouths were compatible with each other. His hands grabbed at my back and our bodies were closer to each other. My heart was beating faster and I felt weaker. He bit my lip and then reality hit and I pushed him away. 

"What the hell Joe? what is going on with you." I was now confused. I didn't know what to do and at that moment I could sense vulnerability. One minute he wanted me the next he didn't what exactly was he playing it. I looked at him desperation in my eyes and he opened up his mouth and spoke in the most calm voice.

"Tiana, I think I'm in love with you."