Chapter 58

"Wow you have called him how many times, she calls once and he answers, that's bullshit Gina, I don't know why you still want to marry this guy." Marlena was saying to her sister.

I walked away to go to the dining room so that I could speak to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked him

" Yeah why."

"Well your fiancé and her sister are here and they are worried about you, why didn't you go home last night after we spoke and why are you not answering her calls."

"What are they doing there?" I could tell from the sound of his voice that he was annoyed.

"I told you Joe, they are worried about you. Please just call her, I don't want any drama."

"I don't want to talk to her Tembi, please just tell them to go home and then I will see them there,"

He hung up before I could say anything. I collected myself and then walked back to the lounge.

"Um he says he is fine and that you should go home he will see you there," I said to Gina

She looked at her sister who nodded at her in approval.

"I think it's best if we wait for him here, that is if you guys don't mind," she said looking at me and aunt Shelley.

"I don't know he did say you must go home, he is probably on his way there so I think maybe it's for the best you guys go and wait for him there."

"We don't care about what you think, call Joe and tell him that... in fact let me call him using your phone and he will come get us here," Marlena said taking my phone from my hand.

Aunt Shelley started walking over to her and I could tell she was now angry but then I stopped her and just shook my head so that she will not say anything.

Marlena called Joe and then after about 5 minutes of talking, she gave me my phone back and then said he was coming here. I sighed and then followed aunt Shelley to the kitchen.

"I don't like this Tembi, that Marlena girl has a mouth on her. I am going to call Percy to come back home because it looks like they want drama and we are not having that here."

She started dialing uncle Percy but never said why she wanted him home. I helped her get snacks for the guests and then we all sat down in silence waiting for Joe.

Twenty or so minutes went by then finally a car pulled out in the front. Aunt Shelley couldn't stand up fast enough to go see who it was and I was relieved when I heard her speaking to cap. They took a bit of time to come in obviously she was explaining the situation to him and I was more relieved to see Michael coming in as well behind aunt Shelley and cap.

"Hi baby," he said to me as I stood up to hug him and then he gave me a surprising kiss. I kissed him back.

"Hi, how has been your day? I was surprised to wake up and you were gone, " I asked him

"Yeah we needed to finish some paperwork with cap but to tell you the truth you were all I could think of."

I couldn't help but smile and blush at the same time, I almost forgot that we had company in the room. "Oh yeah um you know Gina, and this is her sister Marlena, this is Michael"

I could tell Marlena was surprised and confused to what was happening. She  stammered as she greeted Michael. It brought me joy, because all this time in her mind I had been the other woman that was causing drama in her sister's love life. But now that she saw I had my own man she could back off.