Chapter 54

Days had passed since Joe had come over and everything had happened. I still had to meet up with Michael but something had come up at work and we had to postpone our meeting. 

Cap had told me that a few of my colleagues from the police department wanted to do a small baby shower for me at the office, I was skeptical at first especially with the way I had left but he managed to convince me to go. I had asked him what to bring so as to not be rude but there were specific instructions for me to just come looking good and enjoy. 

I opted to wear a light grey, off the shoulder ruched maternity dress with long sleeves and some cute open toe heels. The dress complimented my body and baby bump, my hair was still in a short pixie cut, I just shaved the sides and then curled the middle.

 I had asked Johnny to come with me but he said he was going to drop me off , he had some things he needed to do. I never really had friends at the department, especially female friends. They were strictly colleagues and we would talk here and there but none I would consider my friend, maybe because I was always with Michael half the time. So it was good that they had thought of me and celebrated with me and my baby. 

I got to the office and it was decorated nicely with balloons , there was a backdrop, cupcakes and even a small photo booth. The colors were a pastel green and pastel yellow it looked really beautiful. I bumped into Michael who was going to Cap's office, he was looking really good. I remembered he was now a police detective so that's why he was wearing a suit and not the uniform I was used to seeing him in. 

"Tembi hi,.." 

"Hi Michael how are you?" I said with a smile, I was genuinely happy to see him.

"I am good, wow this is for you? how does it feel being back here after so long, you know even though it's only for a few hours?" he replied with a smile.

"It's really nice what they did for me, I wasn't expecting it at all, makes me feel happy to see that people still care."

"Yeah they do, you just have to choose to see it... Anyway enjoy your party, some of us are still on the clock." He patted my shoulder and then I nodded heading back to the shower. 

The ladies had done a marvelous job with the shower. Since it was done at work we only played two games, took photos at the photo booth with the baby props that were there, and two people that 'knew' me a bit better made speeches and they gave me gifts. I was emotional shedding a tear or two. I received cute tiny baby clothes mostly in white, diapers, baby bag and baby blankets. I really felt special and it felt good having some good attention on me. After the shower most of the ladies were going back to work so Cap offered to take me back since Johnny was still busy, he asked if I wanted to go to his house instead and then Johnny will get me from there which I agreed. I was excited to show aunt Shelley all the baby gifts I had received, she was the only person who would understand my excitement. 

"Michael told me he saw you and you guys spoke?" Cap started

"Yeah just HI's nothing big, he is looking good."

"Yes I am really proud of him, he just joined but he has become one of my best detectives. I just hope he takes it easy and enjoy his life out of work. He has become a workaholic  and he needs a girl pronto to cheer him up," 

I knew Cap was trying to get a reaction from me. Him and aunt Shelley loved me and Michael together, and I knew they were disappointed with what had happened between us which they obviously blamed me. 

"So he is still single?" 

"Very much so, he has been drowning himself in work lately, I doubt he is even thinking of dating."