Chapter 92

"I think we are going to get a condo this side," Johnny said as we were having breakfast 

They were staying at this beautiful private villa which was about 10 minutes from the beach and we were having breakfast there overlooking the beautiful view

"Yeah that would actually be nice, since we are going to be travelling this side a lot," Cindy chirped in 

It was only the 4 of us including Jamila, apparently Cap and his wife had gone sightseeing.

"So how are things with Michael?" 

"Are we really going to talk about that asshole?" Johnny said to Cindy 

"Jo, c'mon that is your daughters husband" 

"He hurt my baby, I am going to give him a piece of my mind when I see him. He thinks inviting us here to that stupid party is going to make up for what he did to her, I don't even know why you decided to come here and stay with him Tembi"

"Trust me dad I have been asking myself that question every single minute since this whole thing happened, but for some reason I still love Michael and I do want to be with him. I know as a dad you are upset but let me just deal with him my own way"

"If you say so but don't expect me to be all lovey dovey with him,"

I just nodded

We spent the rest of the day just talking and laughing, Michael was going to pick me up after work and Cindy suggested we all have dinner together since it was their last night there.

Dinner was awkward because Johnny was really angry and he kept bringing Joe up in conversations to piss Michael off, Michael on the other hand was trying to compose himself but I could tell he was on edge, 

"We have been invited to the award ceremony gala for the police service here in Silverton, they said it's a black tie theme" Michael said trying to lighten up the mood 

"That's great!" Cap replied, "it's an honor being invited to these things because not everyone gets to go, I am proud of you Michael," 

"Yeah it is quite a big deal," 

"Is Azania going to be there?" I blurted out 

"Uhh-huh" Michael managed to say 

"Okay then, well I guess we have to start looking for a babysitter" I said with a smile on my face 

"This is a prestige event, it's like the met gala for the police service Tembi," cap said 

"I know uncle Percy," I said still with a smile on my face 

"And this is a great opportunity for you to network as well as rubbing shoulders with the prominent," 

"She said she knows Percy!" my dad said to cap "what are you getting at exactly? that Tembi is going to go and embarrass herself?" 

"That is not what I was saying Johnny,"

"Okay then stop emphasizing, she said she got it the first time,"

Cap wanted to respond but then aunty Shelley stopped him before he could say anything. It was now getting awkward and then Michael decided it was time for us to leave. 

Michael and I were not on talking terms, he had given up trying so we would spend the rest of our time together quiet, if I or him were not playing with Jamila then it would be quiet in the house. I was torturing him though every night by going into bed smelling fresh and naked, I could always tell with the way he shifted and the way he always had a boner, that he wanted to make love but he couldn't so he would toss and turn every night till he finally found some sleep. 

"Do you know what you are wearing to the gala? it's in two days" he asked me as we were getting ready for bed 

"I do, and you?" 

"Well I am just wearing a normal black tuxedo but I was thinking we could match you know,"

"You want us to play a happy couple?"

"I just want us to be civilized, I have been giving you space and leaving you alone like you asked but this night I just want us to be good that's all I ask please?"

"Okay then, well I am wearing a red dress, you will see it on the day of the event, that's when it's going to be delivered,"

"Oh?" 

"Yeah will do my nails tomorrow, don't worry I won't embarrass you"

"Thank you Tembi," he sincerely said 

"Can I kiss you, and hold your hand? I mean while we are there of course"

"You do want to play happy couples huh, okay Michael who else knows about your affair with Azania, because I told you before I don't want to look like a fool"

"No one, I swear," 

I squinted my eyes at him suspiciously and then I decided to let it go, 

"Can I kiss you now?" he asked 

and I just shook my head in a no manner 

"I am willing to play the happiest of couples with you at your gala and be the perfect wife you want but I need you to give me 5 minutes with Azania on our own, that's all I need,"

"Tembi, you know I can't do that," 

"Why not? why are you protecting her?"

"I am not protecting her, but I also don't even want us to be in the same space with her, I know how you get when you are angry and we might end up causing a scene. I really want to avoid that,"

I just let out a laugh and then got into bed 

"I am serious Tembi,"

"Michael you said I could see her when I come here,"

"Yeah but not at the gala, and besides why don't you deal with me instead of her, she is not the one that broke your vows it was me,"

"Okay so you are protecting your mistress,"

"No that's not what I am saying Tembi,"

"Did she know you were married when you guys went out? or maybe you had taken of your ring and she assumed you were single?"

"Of course I didn't take off my ring, look she knew but.."

"Then let me deal with her! she disrespected me just as much as you did, as soon as she found out you were married she shouldn't even have let you go near her with her dick, even if you had made a pass with at her" 

"I really don't know what I can say, I am sorry you are still hurting and if I could take it all away I swear Tembi I would,"

"It doesn't matter now Michael,"

He was right. It really didn't matter, even if I had to meet with Azania, was that going to change how I was feeling ? no. But I felt like it was going to give me some kind of clarity

Michael tried to touch me and just to cuddle with me but the thought of him being so close to me gave me chills, like something was crawling on my body, yeah it was bad 

I always felt like I had grown up the way I did and endured all that I had endured including Rocky and my mom dying at a young age so that one day I could find my knight in shining armor. Someone that was going to rescue me and we were going to have a happily ever after type of situation.

And for me, Michael had been that for me, my happily ever after,  till this whole thing with Azania happened

So I was really still trying to wrap my mind around this and face reality that he was far from perfect