~EPILOGUE~

A/N

If you would like a good cry, listen to the above music ^

It's probably one of the most important songs of the book so please give it a listen

😙

~~~

Five Years Later

"First I'd like to thank you all for coming out tonight,"

I look out into the crowd in the packed venue and swell with pride. All the work me and Gavin have done in the past couple years have led up to this. I wait for the applause to die down before continuing.

"I know most of you are really only here to see Gavin.." I say, pointing backstage where he's waiting. The distance screaming girls make me laugh and I turn to see him standing behind the curtain, his shoulders also shaking from trying to hold back laughs.

"..but please remember the big picture of what brought us here tonight. The Angels Speak Foundation created for suicide awareness to stop the silence that may save a friend,  a family member, or maybe yourself.  We appreciate your support and if it wasn't for all of you, we wouldn't have gotten this far. Thank you," I take a small bow, walking off stage.

"You're up," I walk to Gavin and give him a quick peck on the lips as he passes me with his guitar, the dimples from his big, beautiful smile still giving me butterflies after all this time.

I turn to see him walking towards the stool in the middle of the stage and the crowd explodes. He's gained quite a few followers since we started these benefit concerts a few years ago. He turns to me one last time before sitting and mouths "I love you" and gives me a wink.

I stand there and watch him in awe over and over because his performances never get old and I don't think they ever will. I know he's about to make  eighty percent of that crowd cry, including the men, but I don't judge because I'll be one of them. It's kind of hard not to when you listen to this song, especially after what we've been through.

Step one, you say we need to talk

He walks, you say sit down, it's just a talk

He smiles politely back at you

You stare politely right on through

Some sort of window to your right

As he goes left, and you stay right

Between the lines of fear and blame

You begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong?

I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you
all night

Had I known how to save a life

Let him know that you know best

Cause after all, you do know best

Try to slip past his defense

Without granting innocence

Lay down a list of what is wrong

The things you've told him all along

And pray to God he hears you

And I pray to God he hears you