Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N:

Song at the end of chapter ^

When I'm gone by 3 Doors Down

Listen to it 🙂

~~~

Do I want to know everything?

His eyes are begging me not push it. He doesn't want to tell me because he doesn't want this all to end either.  We both crave ignorant bliss for once because we are both fated to walk around with secrets everyday, never being able to just be free of the past.

I have my own secret.

And now that I know Gavin knew my Dad,  it automatically makes him part of it. I think that's what upsets me the most about all of this. Gavin is now a part of my life that I spend most of my time trying not to think about.

"If you're thinking about leaving, just know that I'm not going to let you," he says in quiet defiance. He steps foward, wrapping his arms around my body.

I lay my head on his chest, breathing him in as if he IS my oxygen and only then do I realize I could never let him go. No matter what he's hiding from me, it could never be enough to push me away forever because he did exactly what he meant to do from the beginning. He got me addicted before I even had the chance to say no.

"Just tell me that one day...you'll let me read the rest of your chapters," I say quietly.  We can't go on forever not truly knowing eachother. I need to know that he has some intention of letting me in eventually.

"Will you tell me yours?" He asks and I look up at his face.

"Yes, I'll show you mine if you show me yours," I smile and everything in his body relaxes. I'm sure he's relieved that I just went from raging lunatic screaming in his face to smiling and joking. It probably makes me look like a psycho.

Or like a girl.

But what I found out today isn't something that would make me hate Gavin. If anything it scares me because knowing he knew my Dad for so long means that my secret could make or break us.

I don't know what else he could possible be hiding or if it could be something that would be damaging to our relationship but I do know one thing for sure, I'm not ready to tell my secrets and I'm not ready to hear the rest of his.

He smiles when he realizes I'm not going to beat the crap out of him and leave, showing off those amazing dimples. The ones I fricken love so much. The ones that I've wanted to taste since the first time I saw them.

So I grab his face and lick one.

And then the other.

He quirks an eyebrow at me with humor in his eyes.

"Sorry, I've wanted to do that since the first day I met you," I smirk with my hands still gripping his face.

"It's ok, I've wanted to lick every part of you since the day I met you," he grins.

"Pervert," I say smacking him.

"Ok, but I didn't just lick your face sooo.....what does that make you?"

"I dont know," I say, pretending to be deep in thought, " What does it make me?" I ask with a shrug.

He grins wide.