Complicated

The policemen and women quickly file in the mall entrance, their guns ready to shoot at the unknown. None of them even glanced this way which I am actually thankful for. But wouldn't it be sensible to tell them what happened to me? To shed the light on all the arena things and mobs that's been going on? To tell them I was kidnapped and threatened? I guess I've gotten attached to the people I have met.. I just can't do that to them.

It's already been ten minutes , Benji and roman hasn't shown up which causes my stomach to twist into tight knots. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be puking my lunch back up.

I stand up, my legs shake in protest as I do. I look around before heading back behind the mall, not caring if the men who chased after me would be there waiting. I quietly make my way crouching down as I come closer. I don't hear anything at all, no voices, no gun shots.. Nothing.

I finally near the big trash can, slowly standing up to see the waiter laying there , and the guy I shot  laying face down on the ground. Dead.

I quickly scan the area to realize Benji or roman isn't here.

I am growing hesitant at the fact that the police could check this area at any second.

Is the waiter dead?

I slowly make my way to him with small steps. My hands  shaking uncontrollably as I grow closer. I look down at the waiter to see his eyes shut.

Oh no..

I lightly kick him with my shoe to see if my assumption is true.

Nothing...

Again I kick him, hoping that his eyes will flash open. As my eyes trail down his beaten bloodied face, I notice a bullet in his shoulder. He was shot.

My jaw unhinges itself in horror as tears threaten to spill again. Roxanne hold yourself together! Go find Roman and Benji!

But I can't find the strength to move away from the pale beaten man in front of me. I jump in surprise as he erupts with coughs. I quickly back away as his hands flail around, trying to push himself from the ground.

I quickly kneel down helping him sit up as his brown eyes blink in confusion.

He winces in pain as he moves around.

"W-what happened?" He asks through clenched teeth. I can't imagine how it feels to be shot..

My eyes scan his face as I contain the vomit that's threatening to spew out of my mouth. I was never good with pressure..

"We were attacked by these.. Men." I inform him scanning the alley.

His eyes widen in realization as he looks around.

"You mean Chants clan? Which is owned by a man named Charles. You recognize them ?" He asks, a look of fear flashes across his face.

Chants clan? Charles?

"Chants clan?" I ask bewildered. In a situation like this, you'd think the last thing I would do is laugh at a name like that. Making fun of things seems to be a way to cope with bizarre frightening moments such as now. For hecks sake there's a dead body on the ground and a wounded guy in front of me, how am I supposed to laugh that off?

His head snaps to me but quickly turns to the alley as we hear heavy footsteps and grunts. The alley is dark but not too dark to notice two figures approaching us.

I cower behind the waiter hoping that it isn't the men that shot at us. The first one to appear is thankfully,Benji. His hair tousled around, his lip bleeding as he sighs heavily. His eyes instantly dart to the lifeless guy on the ground.