Surprise

"Goodbye cal, I'll be back tomorrow."I inform as I give him a friendly hug.

As he hugs me back, he whispers in my ear "You'll need a lot of rest for tomorrow, ethlania is planning on giving you hell at training..."
He pulls back, looking me straight in the eye, all playfulness that was shining in his eyes has completely vanished.

I nod, wondering how much trouble I'm really in..

I wave and head out the door to see a very impatient looking roman. He's been waiting for almost fifteen minutes when I was saying my goodbyes.
As I was saying my goodbyes, benji wouldn't look me in the eye or even mutter a word towards me.
It was as if he was afraid of me...

But why?

Roman sends me an exasperated look "Finally!" He mutters,stalking off to his car.

I enter the passengers side, sighing before closing the door.

He starts the ignition and pulls out of the driveway.
We head down a very long dirt road, I guess he did live far away from civilization.

****15 minutes later

We finally pass my school, I know we will be nearing my house pretty soon. Excitement , relief, and happiness bubbles inside me.

I didn't think I'd even make it out alive... Who could of known he would let me return back home? The only thing that settled unevenly inside me, was the fact that I'm still stuck in this absurd mess. I have the arena , who knows if I'll make it out alive. Whatever this "arena" thing is.

For now, I'll be thankful at the fact that I can be with my family.

We pull up to the curb that's in front of my house, I don't know how he knew where exactly I lived but I don't care anymore.
I look over at roman to see he's studying me carefully. I open the door to walk out, but roman stops me.

"Don't make me regret this." He murmurs lowly.

I turn my head to look at him, one leg was on the sidewalk the other is still inside the car.

"Regret what??" I ask, suddenly interested in his words.

"Letting you go...Home. This wasn't an easy decision to make. If anything is let out, I'll have no choice but to eliminate you.." He says, a look of sadness flashes across his face but disappears quickly as it came. Is it a possibility he feels a slightest bit of remorse for dragging me into this? Either route I take, I'm doomed.

My eyes widen " Okay.." I murmur.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I say as I continue walking away from his car.

As I walk, I hear him shout "You'll have quite a surprise tomorrow darling!" Before he speeds away.

What is that supposed to mean?...

I shrug it off and begin running down the sidewalk path leading to my house. Tears stream down my face as I approach the porch. I sigh, wiping my face, reminding myself to calm down.
I rip the screen door open, knocking loudly on the door.
Not even a second longer, the door is ripped open by a very happy looking sister.

Viper. 

" Sissy!!" She screams,launching herself into my arms.

The joy is incomprehensible

"Viper! I'm back sister." I murmur with joy, wrapping my arms tightly around her.

"I was worried.. I thought.." She begins but I cut her off.

It hurts to lie to my own sister.. But I don't have much of a choice.