X

"tyler joseph? what's so bad about tyler joseph?" i raised a lot of concern for my own well being.

"there isn't much
time to explain.
let's just say,
he's an expert
for a reason."

this wasn't helping my current situation, knowing that i now had to outrun an expert hitman, let alone having to kill him.

"can you give me information on him? like-- like something that can give me the upper hand?"

"all i know
is that he resides in
arizona,
he is age 24
and his known
for his unique way
of catching his prey."

"is there anything i can do to throw him off my trail?" i was now desperate for something. i needed a path to go on before anything else.

"you need to
take all your money
off your credit cards,
abandon your car
and get a new one
or steal someone
elses. you will have
to rely on hotels
and motels for the time
being before you can
kill tyler joseph."

my eyes widened, a lot of what she said was really specific, but it did make sense. one final transaction from my cards would let tyler know exactly where i was, and if he knew everything about me, he'd know my license plate.

which reminded me, when i ran into the house, i saw petes care just parked across the street. if he was leaving town, how could he do that if he left his car behind?

"that's a... a lot of information. do you know how far away he is by any chance?" i questioned ann.

"he is currently
7 hours and
21 minutes
away."

with that message, i quickly ran into petes room, just curious as to if he had his car keys in his room. i frantically searched his desk drawers, the first one was empty.

i went on to get the second one, it had the keys in it, with a post-it stuck on it that read,

"TAKE MY
CAR AND
ESCAPE."

all of this just seemed too surreal to believe, my roommate got kidnapped, and the only way to keep him alive was to hire a killer on myself.

this is not what i had planned when i decided to move in with him.

i went back into my room and decided to get packing, for now i had a ride, weapons, and i would go to the bank to make my last transactions.

while packing some of my clothes in a black duffle bag, a message from ann popped up on my desktop,

"you won't
be able to
take your computer with
you everywhere."

it seemed like an obvious statement, but i did get what she was hinting at. but it didn't click with me. why was ann trying to hard to help me? why didn't she take the easy way out?

and what is she?

"i know i can't," i said, "better to leave it behind anyway."

"if you plug
your phone
into your computer,
i will be able to
access your phone
and keep it
from being tracked."

something about this felt weird, i was almost convinced that ann wasn't just a program in my computer. but i couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"well... are you--?"
a message from ann popped up, interrupting my trail of thought.

"joshua you
have no time
to question
it. i am
here to
help you.
let me
help you."

she was right, i really had no time. tyler joseph would be here soon, and my constant questioning would get killed.

as if it hasn't already.