XXI

my throat closed, i was felt as if it was getting harder to breath, let alone speak. the way in which tyler was spoke caught me off guard, he sounded a lot more menacing than before.

tyler looked me dead in the eye, "so, care to hell me why you're working for raz?" his voice was in more of a low growl. he wasn't laughing anymore, really far from it, too.

"i-i-i--"

"you what?!" he was clearly growing impatient, "you're only planning your death bed when you can't explain yourself."

i couldn't explain it, but i felt like crying. why did you think i worked for raz? none of this made any sense to me, but he clearly seemed pissed off.

"i don't w-work for him!" i stated a bit louder than a should have, "he's the one who got me in this situation! he's the one who gave me guns to kill you--!"

"you were planning on killing me?" his tone was hard to read, it sounded like a mix of hurt, confusion, and anger. which i didn't get, he's a hitman, he was hired to kill ME.

"well there was a hitman after me, w-what was i supposed to do?" he stood up from his seat, but leaving the gun right there on the table.

after minutes of nerve shattering silence and his back turned to me, he finally spoke up again,
"how did you escape me when you weren't in your house?" he turned around to face me, "raz helped you, didn't he?"

"he didn't help me," i boldly denied, "he's the one who planned all this so you could kill me. he made me hire you." i explained.

tyler squinted his eyes and tilted his head a bit out of confusion,
"why would he have the need to kill you? what did you do?"

"i didn't watch his stupid killer monkey show when i was on the deep web--"
"why were you on the deep web to begin with?" he didn't let me finish my sentence.

i sighed,
"because i was stupidly curious..." i answered in him a mumble, tyler shook his head, but it wasn't at me, it looked like it was towards himself.

"josh--"

before tyler could finish his sentence, i heard the other bedroom door swing open and a rather taller guy with blue eyes barged out of it as he made his way to the living room looking enraged.

"just kill him!" the guy yelled at tyler, "he has to be working for him! if you trust this guy it's gonna end up biting you in the ass." he exclaimed.

tyler stood there silently, his expression blank as he look at the guy and the back at me. before any one us knew it, the receptionist woman from earlier barged into the room from the front door.

"dallon can you stop accusing the kid of working for raz?" she looked up to the taller guy, and she spoke with annoyance in her voice, "he already said he doesn't, so why are you pressuring ty--"

"sarah, are you fucking kidding me?!" dallon yelled back at her, but somehow still respecting her personal space, "if we trust this guy, it'll end with all of us in the damn re--"

"enough with the red room bullshit, dallon," she dismissed, "the only way in hell i'll end up there is over my dead body." she grit through her teeth.

"well then you bette prep your princess coz that's where you're heading with this guy around--!"
"so what do you want me to do?! fucking kill him?!" sarah retorted back.

"i don't see why the no--!"

at this very moment, i wasn't thinking. dallon couldn't finish his sentence since i bounced out of my chair and made b-line last them, dashing out the room with only my phone in hand.

my mind wasn't clear on what i was doing or what was happening, but my adrenaline was pumping once i was out the door, i could hear dallon yelling,

"SHOOT HIM. TYLER I TOLD YOU, JUST FUCKING SHOOT HIM!"

before i could make it to the elevator, i could see dallon was a mere few feet behind me, right on my tail. but it's a good thing i'm faster, a lot faster than him.

and a lot luckier.

i didn't go for the elevator, i knew he would catch me instantly. i headed for the staircase, running half of it and then jumping off the remainder of the staircase, and somehow landing on my feet.

it honestly felt like i was flying down the 2 flights, i felt no immediate pain as my rush of shock was so numbing, all i could think about was getting out of there.

i somehow managed to get myself outside the motel, and quickly got into the unlocked car, i was in such a rush i couldn't get the keys in the ignition instantly, and once i did i looked up to see dallon running out of the motel.

i geared my car roughly, almost pulling the steering wheel off as i didn't know my own strength with the adrenaline kick.

i was breathing heavy.

i was sweating.

my heart was beating a million miles a minute.

but it did it, i made it out of the motel parking lot, and sped down the road that was opposite it. i wasn't sure how to feel, but i think grateful was a good one to make out. grateful to be out in one piece.

the last thing i saw before driving off was sarah yelling at dallon. but then i saw tyler just standing there at the entrance of the motel, watching me drive off and he had his gun in hand.

he could've easily shot me through my window, but he didn't. i couldn't read through his blank facial expression as we did make eye contact before i died off, but there was one thing i knew for sure.

my hitman let me get out of there alive.