The Soprano's Affair

This chapter gets a bit steamy, so prepare mentally. Dedicated to emmsy662

_______

Christine felt her heart racing in her chest as she was lead down a large spiral stair case by a strange man.

Pause. A strange man who worked for her Angel of Music.

The red silk of her dress often caught on the stair case, but Christine didn't notice. Her head swam...it was as if the married woman had somehow melted back into the innocent soprano being lead down into the depths of human hell by her seducer.

The duo reached the bottom of the grand staircase and the odd man opened the door to reveal a magnificent room. It was every bit as wonderful and dark as Erik's lair beneath the opera house. A grand pianoforte stood in the middle, a graceful and thin candelabra on top of the ebony surface. A pipe organ, of course, adorned the far wall.

Christine's eyes snared to the shadow of two figures. Her elder son beside her angel. Her breath caught in her throat as she saw what was happening.

Gustave stood only a breath away from Erik, he's eyes widened and his lips parted. Erik seemed to be whispering something, using his hands to explain something. Gustave let out an audible "Yes." But that was all Christine could hear. Erik smiled broadly and touched Gustave's shoulders. Music sheets and drawings were scattered amongst their feet. She saw as Erik used his free and to play an imaginary piano.

Or organ.
It was hard to tell without there actually being an instrument.

Gustave hummed something in the back of his throat and Erik smiled again. "Yes!" She heard her angel say.

Christine began to be overwhelmed at the sight...her heart felt as if it would burst of happiness. If only they knew....

What happened next made Christine go as white as a phantom.

Gustave reached his hand up towards Erik's mask is if to take it off.

But before it slid from his face, Christine cried out, "Gustave!"

Startled, the boy jumped back and looked at his mother. "Maman...." he murmured.

"I need to speak with Mr. Y alone. This man will bring you back to the hotel." She smiled at her eldest son as he walked towards her. Gustave kissed his mother on the cheek and half smiled. Before he left she whispered, "Tell me all about your adventures when I get back."

Gustave almost fully smiled, but he eyed his mother and Mr. Y carefully. Christine didn't know why.

Once her son had disappeared out the door with the man who had led her down here, Christine made her way to Erik. She didn't have to, he rushed to her and grabbed her wrists.

"Christine...." his lips parted and Christine wanted to place her mouth in the part of his. "Your son." He began.

She paled. "What about Gustave?"

Erik leaned closer to her, his eyes flickering to every inch of her face. "How could you think I wouldn't guess? How could you think I wouldn't know?"

Christine's eyes widened in fear.

"Do you have something to confess, my Christine? Mon ange?" His whispers sounded like bellows in her ears.

"You left me, Erik!" She spat and tore herself away from him. "You left me alone, married to a man I did not love. You abandoned me with a son!"

Christine saw Erik falter. "W-what?" He stuttered.