It Washes Everything Away

Disclaimer: I do not own POTO or LND.

Please comment, vote, and read on! 

Erik found himself in a particularly bad-tempered state as he trudged down the winding stair case of the Drunken Pig Inn.

He woke up angry, which made him distraught, this, then, turned into an ill-tempered feeling.

His head pounded and he groaned in frustration.

Erik had remembered to grab his hat before he set out down the staircase, lest he should meet any unwanted pass-byers.

He went out of room 407 in search of Camille, she always seemed to lift his spirits.

She was sitting on the front desk, feet dangling over the edge, holding something small and red in her hand.

Camille brightened when she saw him.

"Ik!" She giggled, jumping down. Today, she wore a deep blue skirt with a mint green bodice accented by black lace.

"What's the matter with you?" She asked, wrinkling her nose, after noticing Erik's damp mood.

He did not reply, instead he sulked on to the table, glaring.

Camille placed her hands on her hips.

"What?" Erik snarled, blowing the hat out of his eyes.

She rolled hers, and bit into the small red something in her hand.

It was a strawberry.

Erik's stomach growled.

"Where did you get a strawberry?" He asked her, standing.

"Jean gave some to me, grows them himself, he does." Camille answered, finishing the juicy strawberry.

Erik's mouth watered.

"Well I ain't giving you one, if that's what your thinking!"

His shoulders slumped.

Camille sighed loudly.

"What is, Ik?" She asked, and if Erik hadn't known better, it almost sounded gentle.

"I am thinking of her again," he admitted solemnly. "I can not stop thinking of her..." He shut his eyes. "She is always there, taunting me...laughing at me...beckoning me..." When Erik opened his eyes again, Camille was glaring at him.

"Her?" She gritted her teeth together. "Why must you always think of her? She has done nothing but brought you sorrow and grief! Face it, Ik, she does not love you nor will she ever!"

Erik's jaw fell open in surprise.

"How dare you--" he began but Camille laughed bitterly, cutting him off.

"How dare I? Ha! What a joke! I have done nothing but hide you, help you, and admired you. And you don't pay me a mind, at all. No, all you do is think of how wonderful and beautiful YOUR CHRISTINE IS!"

Erik's eyes blazed with fury.

"Don't you say one word against her, she is an angel!" Erik said in a deathly whisper.

Camille smirked cruely.

"An angel who betrayed you? An angel who hates you? An angel who..." Camille laughed wickedly. "Seduced you?"

Erik's vision became blurred and his breaths became ragged and deep.

"Go to your precious angel, Ik. Kiss her and take her. But, I won't be here when she rips your heart out! I won't help you! I am done, fantôme!" Camille cried, ripping the hat off his head and slapping his unmasked cheek, before turning away from him.