Meg Giry

Meg didn't believe it when whispers about sightings of the French Prima Donna, Christine Daaè reached her ears. She didn't believe the news paper she had read this morning. She also didn't believe Erik, her maestro, had skipped their lessons to rehears her debut to visit his lover.

No, Meg didn't believe it until she saw Christine walk through the doors of the auditorium, two young boys on her heels.

Along with the other women in the show, Meg was practicing  the choreography for the big show.

Erik rushed into Meg's dressing room and grabbed her waist and planted a kiss on her forehead.

Dazed, Meg looked up at her Maestro.

"What on earth is going on in that brain of yours, Master?" Meg teased, but she was blushing furiously.

Erik's smile could be seen below his mask. "The press is coming!"

Meg's jaw went slack. "When?" She whispered.

"In three weeks. This is your debut, little Giry. A chance for you to shine."

His words still echoed in his ear. Was it possible for a woman's knees to go weak at simply a voice? Meg knew she shouldn't harbor these strange feelings for this man. A man who obsessed over a woman for most of his life, a man who slept with her Brest friend. A man who was her master.

And that made her knees weak.

But not as weak as she felt watching Christine walk towards the stage. She was as elegant as ever, wearing a beautiful ruby gown with a pearl choker. She was hardly affected by age, still beautiful ivory skin and chestnut curls piled in a romantic updo.

Christine looked royal.

The boys who trailed behind her, made meg gasp. The smaller one had light golden hair and watery blue eyes, and a small navy suit.

The elder one had dark ringlets that were combed neatly to the side. He looked about twelve or thirteen. He almost reached Christine's night. The young man had high cheek bones and strange, piercing eyes. Meg watched as he touched his mother's elbow and whisper something in her ear.

"I am sure Mr. Y will send for you when he is ready...." Christine's beautiful soprano voice spoke.

Then their eyes met.