A Toy to be Played With

Disclaimer: I do not own PotO nor LND.

   § this chapter is dedicated to GeekyGlitterGirl §

Please, comment, vote, and read on!!!

The sun shone behind Christine's closed eyelids, and it slowly brought her out of unconscious.

Her eyes opened, and she found herself not in her own bed at de Changy Manor, but in a whole new atmosphere entirely.

They bed she laid on was hard, and the sheets dirty and scratched at her skin. The room was small, and the window was open, letting in the fresh morning air.

Christine, here in, realized that she had not been clothed, and in fact, was naked beneath the uncomfortable sheets.

Memories of the night before flooded her mind, and a smile spread to her lips.

She closed her eyes and imagined Erik's hands along her body and his warm, seducing mouth against her throat.

She gigged. What an affair! A master and his student, how very improper!

Christine opened her eyes once more, and turned over to face Erik.

But he was not in bed.

She sat up abruptly, not bothering to hold the sheet against her bare breasts.

Erik was not in the room, either.

She grew panicked. 

Christine looked to see if his clothes laid about the floor, but they were gone--and with them, his mask.

Perhaps he had only stepped out for a minute...but the room was cleared. It looked as though no one had been staying here at all.

Thoughts swirled in her head....where had he gone?

So, Christine waited for him to return, how many minutes or hours she had, she did not know. It felt as an eternity, a torturous forever of staring at the door and willing Erik to walk though. But the door remained still, and he did not return to her.

And, like a bird hunted by a fox, it donned on her.

The ghost's whore.

Lacking of respectability.

Damaged goods.

Erik had used her, like a boy who had wanted a toy for so long, by the time he received it, he no longer wanted it.

Had he, her music angel, her lover---her seducer---grown bored of Christine?

Perhaps he had not seen her as a person, but a play thing to be used ill?

Had Erik left her?

Yes, he had.

Sobs broke from her, and tears fell like rain upon the sheets.

How could he have done this to her?

She loved him---God in heaven knew she did. They had made such passionate love last night....they spoke of marriage and a child....was it all an empty deceit? 

Christine cried out, horrific screams of agony. She clung to the blanket that covered her damaged, bare body.

Damaged...that she was.

She had ripped her pride, virtue, and love.

"Erik..." Christine sputtered, "Erik..."

Wails tore from her throat, raping her voice. She shook with fright, her mind buzzing and throbbing in her skull so powerfully that it drove away her thoughts until she could hardly think beyond him.