Chapter 12 ( Edge of the Universe)

Topaz's P.O.V.

I was poking Peridot's visors slightly, wondering why I've never seen her without them.  figured she'd be annoyed but in all actuality she didn't mind at all. We were sitting on the roof of the barn and Peridot was staring silently into the horizon. Mars was exploring, I think he was trying to memorize everything. He even played around with the various metals around the barn. Lapis seemed to like him and he often tried to get her our of the barn to go flying around with him.

Looking back at Peridot, I stopped poking her long enough to ask her if she was ok.

Peridot: I'm fine. I was just in thought.

Topaz: About me?

I teased.

Peridot: What?!

She said with a blush on her face. She could never get away with lieing to me.

Peridot: Well....I just, think very highly of you.

She said lowly.

Topaz: Is that your way of saying you love me? I love you too.

I said plainly.

Peridot: I sometimes find it hard to grasps the concept of "love" but I do feel this strong emotion for you. This must be what Garnet felt like. That's why she likes being fused because these feelings feel so....nice.

Topaz: What is fusion exactly.

Peridot: I wouldn't be the best person to ask, I've never actually fused before.

Topaz: Fuse with me. Being one with you sounds like the best thing ever.

I say excitedly.

Peridot: Wait-

She tried to say but I had already pulled her up on her feet.

Peridot: Do you even know what your doing?

Topaz: Nope.

I said before I puckered my lips to kiss Peridot on the cheeks. As soon as my lips touched her skin, I could see Mars rising up into view from the corner of my eye. Before I could question him, short burst of light flashed. He seemed to be taking one of those photographs like Steven does with his cellular device.

Topaz: No Mars, not now, go away.

I say as I tried gently shooing him away. Without realizing that we were still on the roofs edge, I stumbled over and wasn't able to catch myself before I found myself descending.

Peridot: Topaz!

I hear Peridot call out as she fell after m. She and Mars seemed to be in a race to see who could get to my fallen form first. However, as I fell, I didn't feel in danger at all. If my physical form was basically light then how can I get hurt. In fact I felt so free when I was floating. Is this what Lapis feels when she takes flight? What surprised me more was Peridot didn't waste time jumping after me. What if this had been a cliff. She cares for me so much that's she willing to risk her own self to save me. I felt myself unconsciously lift a hand that reached out and also joined Peridot's own outstretched hand. It was like we were floating in slow motion for a moment. In such a short time, I could so much for us floating in front of my eyes, my hair wavered in front of me. Every moment I had with Peridot flashed before me. Reliving them was breath taking and they made me feel so happy that I felt a single drop of liquid squeeze from my eyes before the sensation of Peridot's hand intertwined with mine woke me.

Topaz: Y-you came after me.

I said breathlessly as I pulled her into my chest and we both descended together.

That was the last words I said before I closed my eyes.

Time skip.....

I opened my eyes after closing them seconds later to find us still falling towards the Earth only this time, my back was met with metal after I realized mars had some how shaped his form into something flat, capable of catching my falling form. He slowly floated e towards the ground and I felt light head. Turning slightly, I saw Lapis making her way out of the barn.

Lapis: What's all that noise-

She seemed shocked and utterly surprised.

Topaz: What? What's wrong?

I said but Lapis merely formed a hand out of nearby water and brought it up to my face. From threw I saw my own reflection and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

( Fusion name): So this is fusion? I never knew this could be so amazing!

We said as we posed and observed our reflection.

Lapis: Well, look on the bright side. At least with you, Peridot has her height back.

Lapis snickered. Mars floated down and also appeared to be laughing at Lapis's comment.

We tried moving as one but found it slightly difficult. It was like I was very heavy and I understood that was a trait Peridot had. She was rather heavy even if she was short and walking was difficult. We were lazy and clumsy and we fell over more than one, much to the amusement of Lapis and Mars.

(Fusion name): This was a lot harder than we thought.

We felt so free, separate but together, it was incredible. This was one my biggest wishes and now the second one was creating new life with Peridot but I understood that we could not do that. Even Peridot knew that but if it did happen, our baby would have both of our gems and at least we'd be together even in our own baby but I loved when it was the two of us. We were so connected with one another's mind. I can see why Garnet never unfused. Right now, I'd never want to separate from Peridot.

In that moment, upon realizing what we truly were, we felt like laughing, just like what we did when we were 2 entities. Then we simply sat down and had a whole conversation with ourselves. We loved our mix of voice. I had never knew our voice could be so beautiful to the ear. In seconds we exchanged so many things with each other and we soon realized that when fused, our control over Mars had greatly increased. It now seemed like we could completely control him telepathically and then it didn't take long to figure out that we could make more of him and thus Earth, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto were born.