Chapter 11 ( Mars on Earth)

Topaz's P.O.V.

Lately, Peridot and I have been spending a lot of time together and it was very fun. Currently, she was showing and teaching me everything Steven taught her. She recently told me how she wanted to experience riding her first rollercoaster but couldn't since she wasn't tall enough. I had no idea what that had to do with it but I was eager to try it myself since I was slightly taller than Peridot. Though I decided not to since she wouldn't be able to come with me. Still, we had fun with the human they call Mr. Smiley. He was very friendly and happy just like me and I really thought he was a nice person.

I was having so much fun. I threw a ball and knock down these milk bottles and you get so much free stuff. I gave all it to Peridot though and she was more than excited to receive them. After such an eventful after noon, our moods suddenly shifted to more serious matters.

Peridot: Topaz, don't you ever feel curious about yourself?

Topaz: What do you mean.

Peridot: You know, aren't you interested in knowing what you can do? With the diamonds and homeworlds in general becoming a problem for us on Earth, we have to start getting you prepared if you want to be a crystal gem and defend the Earth and yourself.

Topaz: I thought all I can do is borrow other gems powers. Doesn't mean I don't really have any special skills of my own. Isn't that my special ability?

Peridot: Well perhaps but, gems have multiple purposes and powers. Who knows what you can have. No one really knows for sure about everything a Topaz can do so lets find out.

Peridot said confidently as we stood on the board walk.

Topaz: As long as we can find out together I'm fine with that. What do you have in mind.

Peridot: Well we've already established that you have great social skills but magic wise we should see if you can summon a weapon of your own.

Topaz: Do you have a weapon?

Peridot: Technically but perhaps my enhancers and robots don't count....engineering seems to be where I am right now.

Topaz: What about your metal powers?

Peridot: A working progress.

Topaz: Well, I guess I can try. Like in Steven's memories, I could feel what Steven felt when he first called out his weapon. I just have to focus my energy.

I said as I brought my hand up to my gem that had reverted back to it's original shape. It began to glow as my hand somewhat sank into it. What took mere seconds for other gems to whip out a weapon, it took me a few moments to grasp what I was actually looking for be I pulled my hand out. It was empty.

Topaz: Hmmm....I guess I don't have one.

I say somewhat disappointed.

Peridot: Wait, perhaps we're going about this wrong. Your powers seems to be running off of your own emotions and yet you used Steven's. How do you feel in this moment? Try using that.

Listening to Peridot's words. I tried summoning my weapons once more but I wasn't feeling very certain. Even if I didn't have a weapon of my own. Peridot didn't really have on either but she was still so amazing. However as I reached my hand into my gem a seconds time, I did feel my own emotions swirling around in my head and this time I touch something. I tried with all my might to pull it out and make it into something concrete but something was wrong. It was like whatever was being created in my gem was stuck. I heard and pulled to free it but it wouldn't budge. Peridot was getting worried, thinking she had made me do something wrong but I didn't want to worry her as I struggled with the item in my gem. Trying once more. I gave a sharp tug and with a sharp burst of energy, the item had loosened but the force of it had made Peridot and I fall over on the board walk.

Looking up from our fallen positon. Even I wasn't prepared for what I had trapped inside my gem all this time. It couldn't describe it. So this was my weapon. I didn't know a creature was capable of being a gems weapon. It was hard to describe or even say what this creature was before me. It was a floating ( orb color) color and illuminated with my own gem color. It had eyes and it looked about quickly and curiously, seemingly surprised of it's own existence before it's eyes landed on Peridot and I. It seemed happy to see us, me specifically before it came flying in full speed and rubbed against my chest.

Peridot: Wow, even I didn't see that coming but it makes sense. Your connection with others is what makes this possible. Your social nature tends to bring you companions, loyal companions that fight by your side. They are your ally and strongest weapons.

Peridot said as she was happy to have finally understood me.

Topaz: Your right and he's better than any old weapon any way. He's so adorable. I wonder what we should name him.

I said as I pet my newly created sphere.

Peridot: Hmmm. Well, he's very spherical.....like a planet.

Topaz: That's perfect. We should name him after another planet.

Peridot: What about Mars? It's like Earth but second best.

Topaz: Mars is fine. Your name is Mars now.

I say to the Spherical creature floating in front of me.

It made a weird high pitched sound and was joyous about it's new name.

Topaz: Lets go show the gems our new teammates.

I say to Peridot.

Times skip to the temple....

Pearl: You made that!? It's amazing but strange.

Pearl questioned as she inspected the spherical creature in front of her with great confusion.

Steven: Awesome!!! Your so full of surprises Topaz. Now Lion has a new friend.

Steven said as Lion was coming out of the temple but upon hearing his name, he turned his head the other way in defiance.

Steven: Or maybe not.

Amethyst: Cool, I've never seen a weapon like this. I didn't even know something like this could be a weapon. What did you name it?

Peridot: Mars.

Pearl: Mars?

Pearl said as her eyebrow narrowed.

Topaz: Yup, he thinks Peridot and I are his parents now. Just like Steven with Greg and Rose which makes Mars our baby now.

I chuckled when I saw Peridot tense up at my statement.

Garnet: That's one dangerous baby.

Lapis: Have your tried telling it to do something yet?

Topaz: No but let's see. Mars, go destroy that chair.

I pointed out to the beach chair stuck in the sand and in an instant, Mars turned to it and shot it with a giant laser that came from a tiny piece of my own gem that was imbedded into him above his eyes.

Steven: LASER BABY!!! But....that was our good beach chair.

Topaz: Sorry.....