Chapter 4 ( Rock People)

Peridot's P.O.V.

It has been a week since the new gem retreated into himself. He had been at this tactic longer than we thought he could managed which only further intrigued us of his capability. I honestly didn't know how long he could keep this up. A topaz however, did hade many tricks up their sleeves, in fact, no one really knows all of their possible abilities. My thoughts soon faded upon hearing Amethyst sighing.

Amethyst: How long is he going to stay in there. Isn't he bored?

Pearl: He's in a world that he doesn't truly understand. You'd do the same if you thought we were going to hurt you.

Steven: Pearl's right. Maybe we just need to give him time to relax.

Peridot: I have a better idea. Theoretically, if he can retreat into his gem whenever he wants then that means he isn't completely inactive even in this state. We'll force him out.

Pearl: I don't think that's a good idea.

Peridot: Don't worry, leave it to me.

I left the living room temporarily and came back with a hammer.

Steven: PERIDOT NO!

Peridot: Relax, I know what I'm doing.

I said as I rushed towards the gem with the hammer held tightly above my head. The other crystal gems were trying to stop me, not fully understanding my intentions and doubtful about it. Commotion erupted and it soon caught the attention of Garnet but during the uproar, the gem did exactly what I thought it would. By pretending to endanger it , I now knew that it was watching us the entire time. Thinking I was going to harm it in it's seemingly vulnerable state, it took form which was it's most logical choice.

Everyone stood around watching his reformation unfold as a bright flash of light temporarily blinded us. Seconds later, there he was. Standing before us, confused and dazed. However, he quickly ran into the bathroom locking the door, much like I did when I reformed.

Pearl: Why does everyone always go for the bathroom?

Peridot: Well, it has a certain air of safety about it.

Once I said that, flushing could be heard on the other side of the bathroom door which continued for some time.

Steven: Are toilets really that interesting?

Peridot: The swirls are.

Knocking on the door, Garnet tried coercing the Topaz out of the bathroom. She knocked twice.

Garnet: Topaz, come out. We not trying to hurt you.

Topaz's P.O.V.

I'm so confused. I don't know where I am, I don't know what these.....creatures want. I can't see anything and for the first time, I looked into this reflective device and saw what I looked like. Was have (skin color) skin natural? This place I locked myself in was rather small and it had a lot of weird things in it. There was a long, colorful think on a white thingy that made liquid come down out of it. I this fuzzy thing in my mouth and it tasted funny.

I really liked the thing that was shaped oddly. When I pushed down on a shiny lever, it made the liquid in it swirl. On the other side of the door, the voices continued to try and lure me out. I drowned out their noises by putting on all the water making devices. It seemed to work but then the place was a death trap. Water overflowed and it started seeping all over the floor and flooding under the door.

Pearl: What on earth?

Steven: Topaz don't do that, you'll flood the place?

Said the voice. How did they know my name. Wait, that's my name? Topaz? I was trying to think about who they are and what they wanted. Upon touching my chin to think, my hand brushed against something cold and smooth. Walking back towards the reflective rectangle on the wall, I just noticed, a very shiny ( gem color) rock stuck in my neck. How did I not see this before. What is this? I thought as I tried prying it out of me but it wouldn't budge. I didn't understand myself. I remember a bright light and it was like I was trapped in this rock on my neck. I stayed in as long as I could to get away from them all the while I could see them and hear them but unable to move. They had the same rocks I had but in different places so does that mean we're the same? Yet we don't look the same. Am I just a rock? What is the meaning of my existence right now?!

I didn't have time to think before I heard a loud bang in the long smooth rectangle that separates me from them. One of those colorful rock people stuck their head in the hole they made and looked at me with a smile.

Amethyst: Hey dude.

She said before another voice came from the other side.

Pearl: Amethyst, stop destroying the house. Now I have to replace that door. Backing away slowly, my footsteps sloshed about in the liquid that now pooled on the floor.

Garnet: Amethyst: Stop that, just leave him alone for now. He'll come out when he's ready.

Peridot: P

I heard 2 other voices say before the rock with long hair retreated.

Time skip ( 5 hours later)....

It was quiet on the other side of the door. I was beginning to think the rock people finally gave up on me and went away. I was now soggy from sitting on the wet floor for some time now. My curiosity got the best of me when I crawled towards the hole in the door, peeking out momentarily before I was surprised when a face appeared through the hole. I backed away on impulse.

Steven: It's ok. I'm not going to hurt you....I'm Steven.

I stared back at him.

Steven: I know you must really be confused but we're here to help. When I need to think, I like to come into the bathroom too.

I blinked my eyes that were now very hazy. I looked up at the ceiling at something bright that made this room fill with light. I hadn't even realized I had been in the dark so long. The light actually hurt to look at. Looking back at the figure before me, it smiled as it sat patiently, as if waiting me to do something special. I quietly whispered it's name under my breathe.

Topaz: Steven.....