Chapter 9 ( One track heart)

Peridot's P.O.V.

Lately, Topaz has been binge watching on the Camp Pining Hearts episodes that Steven introduced me to. It was understandable since I understood why he liked it. The show was rather interesting and I found myself unable to look away as well. I thought this was a good thing since it was perfect for Topaz to learn basic skills from the show though he looks like he's trying to figure out something and I don't know what it is. He does act rather strangely and it was hard to understand him sometimes just like I didn't understand Garnet. I knew she would be the perfect person to talk to about Topaz so I decided to find her.

She was usually the one gone most of the time but she had skill for being in the right place at the right time. Upon entering the temple, no one was home, not even Steven. However, Garnet had appeared from her own room as if she was expecting me.

Garnet: I didn't expect to see you here.

Some how I doubted that statement.

Peridot: I just needed to ask you something if you have the time.

Garnet: Go ahead.

Peridot: Do you think Topaz is a little odd?

Garnet: No, every gem is unique and he's just being who he is. Why do you ask?

Peridot: Rather I should say, he acts....differently when I'm around.

Garnet had a smirk on her face and I felt nervous about her impending answer as she raised her hand slightly to adjust her visors.

Meanwhile ( On TV).....

Topaz's P.O.V.

Davis: Oh, I love you too Erica. *smooch smooch smooch*

This show was getting even more interesting with each episode. Erica and Davis have really become something. Did they like each other so much that they wanted to eat each other. That's what it looks like. The way they are around each other kind of reminds me of Peridot and I. We got along fine I would say. We sometimes have physical contact but our lips never touched. Erica and Davis were in a special kind of relationship. I often wonder if I had what they had. They were more than friends, something much deeper. Could Peridot and I be more than friends? What is this lip on lip action I questioned before the TV gave me an answer.

Erica: Kiss me again Davis.

A kiss? Yes that must be it. I do feel like kissing Peridot more times than I recall. I had never knew this show could answer all my question. Still, there was much I wanted to ask and perhaps Steven could help me with this.

I had never actually went all the way to the city's board walk but I knew Steven would be there. He said something about a "Dad". I was actually interested in finding out what this "Dad" is anyway.  I took my time to get there because I really wanted to take in the scenery of everything. Earth really was special. I couldn't really describe it but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I understand why the gems want to protect it so much. I can't wait until I can help save it as well but I still have a long way to go if I want to learn how to be a good crystal gem.

My journey into the Beach City was so much more colorful on my own and going towards the sound of waved crashing into the Earth, I spotted Steven sitting on the beach next to another human. That must be "Dad".

Topaz: Steven!

I called out to him. Both of their heads turned to see me before waving.

Steven: Hey, Topaz.

Topaz: Hi Steven, and you must be "Dad".

I said to the bearded human with long hair that resembled Steven.

Greg: Actually my name is Greg but yeah, I'm Steven's dad. It's nice to meet you Topaz. I have to say, I haven't seen a male gem before, except for Steven but he's a special case.

Steven: Did you need something Topaz? I'm proud of you for getting through the city all by yourself. I know it isn't big but you got lost a few times.

Topaz: I was motivated by something important and I thought you could help.

Greg: Well let's see what's on your mind.

Greg said before I got comfortable in the sand as well.

Topaz: It's about Peridot.

Steven: She can be a little hard on things she doesn't understand but-

Topaz: It's not that. I don't know what to do with the feelings I have for her....these very.....warm feelings.

Steven: Oh.

Steven said with a blush.

Greg: Well this looks like a job for me.

Greg said as I turned to look at him.

Greg: Well first off, I think your in love with her.

Topaz: Really?

Greg: Yup but don't get too excited. You see, relationships and love can be a little complicated, especially when only one person feels a certain way.

Topaz: Did that happen to you?

Greg: No. Rose and I were mutual in our feelings for each other. That's how we made Steven but then it was unfortunate that she and Steven couldn't both exist at the same time.

Steven. But she will always be apart of me.

Steven said as he lifted his shirt to reveal his gem. I got on my knees and stared at it in utter surprise.

Topaz: Oh so THAT'S your mom. I never realized.....

Steven: Yeah.

Topaz: Your one. Sometimes I imagine Peridot and I like that.

Steven: As a fusion?

Topaz: Is that what it's called? A fusion?

Greg: But from what I heard, fusion is more complicated than you think Topaz. You have to realize what Peridot would want and not just what you want.

Topaz: I see. So if we can't fuse can I still kiss her?

Greg: O_O W-well......

Topaz: Hmmmm...... I think I know what I have to do. Thanks Steven and Greg.

I say as I stood out of the sand.

Greg: We're happy to help.

Greg said before Steven and Greg waved me off.

Greg: Wow, I had no idea he felt so strongly towards Peridot.

Steven: I know and I don't think either of them fully understand each other.

Greg: That's what discovering your true feelings is all about. I know they'll be fine. Rose didn't really understand this sort of stuff either but it all turned out alright. Looking at Topaz, I know he won't give up. He seems one tracked on Peridot.