Chapter 10 ( Percy and Pierre)

Peridot's P.O.V.

I silently waited for Garnet to tell me what she was thinking and the way she looked me, it was as if she was trying to tell me that I should already know the answer I was seeking.

Garnet: Remember when I told you the reason I stayed fused all the time.

Peridot: It's because Sapphire and Ruby are like Percy and Pierre from Camp Pining Hearts.

Garnet: Exactly but now you and Topaz are Percy and Pierre now.

Taking in her words, my eyes slowly widen upon realizing that she was right. It all made so much sense now and it made me blush. I knew I had a few likeable quality but I never knew someone would like them so much that they developed great interest in me.

No wonder Topaz was acting the way he was. I admit to like the attention he showed me. I felt so special and appreciated.....and loved.

I began to blush and Garnet began to snicker at me. I tried putting on a serious face but she began to further tease me. Filled with embarrassment, I quickly ran out of the temple. I didn't get far when I felt myself crashing into something. Rubbing my head slightly from the impact of the ground, I opened my eyes and knew it was Topaz. He seemed even more happy to see me than usual.

Topaz: There you are.

Was all he said before he suddenly lifted me up over his head and carried me back to the barn. I hadn't the slightly clue what he was going on about until we got there. When we reached the barn, he brought me all the way up to the barns roof before putting me down. In an instant I noticed that he somehow managed o decorate the place. Though his decorating skills was lacking I didn't understand what all of this was about. He then said down with his legs folded before gesturing for me to sit down in front of him.

Peridot: What are you doing?

Topaz: It's a surprise. Close your eyes.

I questioned his motives in my mind but obeyed his request. I was thinking about what the surprise was. Could it be a present? Steven's says humans often gift each other gifts as sign of friendship. I wonder what it could be. Oh, what about another one of Earth's technology. They aren't nearly as advanced as the tech on home world but it can surprise you. I really did like the tablet Steven gave me. I admit that I doubted it's usefulness.

I was getting anxious now and was ready to receive my gift but instead of being met with colorful wrapping paper, I was hit with an unknown sensation on my lips. I was in shock when I opened my eyes and saw Topaz was kissing me, like episode 23 of Camp Pining Hearts. That's when I understood. He was acting out that episode where Erica and Davis became more than friends. That was actually one of my favorite episodes.

I had never kissed anyone before. That was obvious. I've only ever seen it on TV but it felt nice and different and the longer it happened the better it felt. Though Topaz pulled away right when I was realizing what was happening and then I never actually noticed his bright facial features before. His gaze on me made me loose all confidence in a moments notice. I couldn't even control my words. They only came out as mere stutters. I looked up at the sky, not wanting to see me in such a way and then a drop of liquid fell on my gem. The clouds were low and grey and I knew it was going to rain and that's when my memories flashed back to when Steven was telling me about it.

Topaz also looked up with pure enjoyment on his face. His reaction was just like mine. He was full of wonder as every drop multiplied. The rain was a drizzle but calm and it only seemed to emphasize the moment. Even now, when I understood Topaz a little more, he still didn't make any sense. Yet that was why I found him so interesting. He was with me one moment and now he's so distracted by the rain, not even aware of how strong his actions were to me. I had never knew a gem could be that carefree.

Standing motionless in the rain. My mind was stripped of thoughts when Topaz directed a question towards me.

Topaz: Peridot, do you want to watch Camp Pining Hearts with me?

Peridot: S-sure.

I said lowly before he grabbed my hand and pulled me along.

Time skip (2 hours later)......

Peridot: What?! There is no way she just did that. Jessy seems smarter than I thought.

Topaz: I know right. She's such a backstabber but I wonder if Monica will figure out what she's planning.

Peridot: No way, Monica doesn't have the brains for that. I'm sure Chad would have a much better chance.

Topaz and I were commenting on the recent episodes of the series as we watched it before us. Although I've watched the reruns of the series at least 2 times. It was still exciting every time. It was more fun watching it with Topaz anyway.

Topaz: No way, she pushed him off of a cliff. That was a cheap move.

Peridot: What?! She did? I must have missed it, I don't remember that.

I yelled before the screen flashed "To be continued".

Peridot: Quick, put in the next episode.

I say frantically as Topaz went to put in the next tape before he sat back down next to me. We were both excited, anyone could see that. I placed a hand onto the floor as the theme song for the series began to play. I felt Topaz's hand on top of mine as he looked at the screen. I tensed upon for a moment before my body relaxed again. He clutched my hand slightly and I didn't hesitate to do he same as the rain pelted on the roof above us.