{Beau Nuit} Sniper X Spy!Reader

Start from the beginning

Feet landed neatly on the cobblestone as your heels clicked, running up the hill and to a busy square in Paris. Hastily blending into the crowd, you looked like you were going somewhere important. Dressed pristine and preppy, an ironed pastel dress and stern look on, people parted for you as you made your way through the throng of  monsieurs et misses. Some children were present, but very few as nuit (night) was to be here soon.

Soft, classic French music swayed through the air. The accordions, accompanied by soft strums and clicks of drums, accented the already beautiful Gothic/Romanesque scenery. It made you sigh in happiness and bliss. Oh, how you missed your birth place- to be back was like a phantom dream, a quiet murmuring memory.

Art, one of your favourite things, was all around you. The cheerful music, the swaying trees dancing along, the architecture in the buildings, the retro fashion, the cuisine, you loved it all.

While making your way through the busy center, you passed a man staring blankly around in the dead center. He was staring at a tall structure in the distance that was barely visible, the Eiffel Tower.

He wasn't dressed as all other citizens of this time, rather more like someone rugged and expected to be found somewhere less 'classy'.

His clothes were muddy and stained, but he didn't seem to mind the least bit. His dim red vest and dusty brown hat were the most clean looking articles of clothing on him, being for the most part dirt free. His orange shades, flashing in the setting sun, made him seem all the more mysterious and new, and you slowly approached him from behind. He seemed very familiar, but you couldn't pinpoint why.

Maps flew away from his grasp as he fumbled with a particularly large one, and they flew right into your path. Quickly, before the wind could steal them, you snatched them from the breeze and brought them back to him.

"Excuse me, Monsieur, 'ou dropped your map." Your voice dripped with your French accent. That's when you realized, that if he was in France, he may not speak English- which was the language mainly used back at the RED base. You were about to correct your misspeaking, but he started to speak while slowly turning towards you, so preoccupied that he didn't even realize you weren't another French speaker trying to help the lost man.

"Oh, Oi didn't realoize. Thanks. This dahn map is gettin' on moi ner-" he stopped, and looked up from the large map he was holding. His words were cut off as he looked at you, and you looked at him.

"(Y/n)..?"

"Sniper?!"

The both of you had cried out at the same time, you more loudly than him.

"Wot are you doin' 'ere?" He cocked his head and folded/crumpled the map in his hands into a wrinkly mass that resembled a square. The two of you knew each other from the RED base, and you weren't expecting to find him here of all places for vacation.

"That would be a better question for 'ou, Sniper." Your deadpan face looked at his blank expression. His face turned from confused, to an 'oh yeah you live here' kind of face.

If you could, at this moment you would have face-palmed. You handed the maps to him that cluttered your hands, and motioned for him to follow.

"Where are we goin', shiela?" He asked.  Turning to him you smiled.

"Glad 'ou asked, mon Cher! We can walk and talk on our way to a nice café, if you're up for it."