Chapter Thirty Two

"Scoundrels! They think they can outwit me?" Shouts lord Marcentile as he throws things off his table angrily.

"Perhaps if you weren't an idiot you would have been the king!" Yells his wife lady Marylin.

"Do not tell me what to do!" He yells while squeezing her neck in fury. He lets her go and tells her, "Until you can make me content, get out of my sight!"

His plan was morphing so well until that wretched ladies' society ruined everything. He had believed that it was his birthright to be king but alas, his father didn't think him worthy and therefore gave the duty to William.

Not only did that rid his ability of granting mercy but also fuelled his desire to conquer. He believed that one day, he would win.

***
Knocking him off his feet, his father lifts him up and looks at him sternly. "You know, your enemy will not care if your heart is with someone." He points the blade to his chest, "He will run you through." He says.

"I know. But look at her father. She is everything I have always wanted. I cannot let her slip away." Says Edgar.

"Then you have to focus. One thing about her, she does not need someone with alot of bravery son. She needs someone with refined skills. Now put your head in the game boy." Says his father.

In the far corner of the court, Mia is picking dandelions and orchards for the prince's bath.

"Well, that boy has done quite a number on you lass." Says the palace florist.

"Aye. He might not know it but I have already caught that glimmer that always passes by his expressions." Replies Mia.

"Picking flowers dear?" Asks Caramel eyeing Mia suspiciously.

"Yes aunt Caramel. For the prince's bath." She answers sincerely.

Snatching a petal from her, she examines and says, "Sweetheart, these are your favourite flowers." Putting it back in her hand,"not his."

"Which does he like?" She asks.

"I think he does not need any flowers to bathe. He just needs a clean bath." Answers Caramel laughing at her.

She watches him as he fails to counter his father's attacks repeatedly and falling on his bossom, repeatedly.

Then, an arrow flies past the prince's head and hits the tree next to Mia. Tied to it, a note. She plucks it and opens the letter.

"What have we here?" She says.

"Looks like another one of my brother's runts. Read it out loud will you?" Says William.

"Alright. Ahem.. We have eyes everywhere. Do not think that you have won. Watch your back and your front." Finishes Mia.

Another maid goes to collect the spear then Mia stops her. "Don't touch it!" She says. "It's poisoned." She points to the spot where the grass has turned black.

Sorry for the late update guys,, hope you are enjoying the story. Thanks for the likes!