Chapter Twenty One

"The princesses of the world will be ariving for our anniversary in the next two days." Says queen May.

"Is Martha going to be there?" Asks prince Edgar.

"I suppose." She answers leaving her chambers. "I expect you to behave accordingly." She says waving a brush at him.

He could stand his mother but not the irritating princess Martha. She had beauty but not brains. He did not like her company.

"Do not worry about me mother." He says kissing her on the cheek.

He could not wait for her to leave. He wanted a day of peace far away from her constant growls and insults.

He then bumps into Mia. "Oh, good. I need your help." He says.

"What did you do this time blockhead?" She asks.

"Nothing. I need you to hide me from my parents' anniverary." He says.

She then laughs at him. "And why would I do that?" She asks.

"Because I do not want to look at all those ladies. Especially the annoying princess Martha." He says now on his knees.

"Please get up. I do not want any trouble. What is in it for me?" She asks curiously.

"Anything little mouse. Anything." He says.

"Alright. I will. But you have to understand that you will not have comfort in your hiding place." She says handing him his sleeping robes and showing him out.

"How do you know all these places anyway?" He asks following her across the meadow.

"I have alone time, alot. Unlike you, I am not restricted to the castle. When I come to wash your robes, I pass through alot of places." She answers.

"Intruiging. You have to show me around some other time." He says as they approach a cave.

"If we so not get caught, it is a guarantee." She says. "Here we are. You will be safe and warm in here." She pushes him into the cave to inspect it.

"Interesting. This will do just fine." He says.

"Now, let us get back before somebody sees us." She says leading him back the way they came." If you want to hide, you have to do it the night of the anniversary. Not a day sooner." She adds.

"You have a point there little mouse. I never knew you were this cheeky." He says chuckling.

"You mean evil?" She laughs. "I wonder how poor queen May will feel when her son disappears."

"Why I would never. Amelia, you should be ashamed." He says playfully.

She smiles. He had never called her by name. It sounded strangely nice the way he said it. "We meet outside my chambers the day after tomorrow." She says and walks off towards her sleeping chambers.