My Reflection

Kendall

If I said I didn't expect it to be this way, I'd be lying. I knew. I knew from the start. your cryptic smile, and false words.

Now I'm lying on the ground, bleeding gallons of blood, next to my possibly dead boy friend.

Bay walked up the steps and out the basement.

I pressed my jacket to my chest to keep from bleeding out but to no avail, my grey sweater was crimson red.

I crawled over to Elijah body, laying his head on my lap. He had a pulse, it seemed as if he was healing on the spot.

His beautiful eyes flipped open dramatically.

"s-shoot...h-her.." I mumbled trying to catch my breath as I layed the gun on his chest. Pain struck his face and he grasped his shirt.

"You're hurt?" I nodded as I grimaced lightly. He pinned me to the ground ripping open my grey sweater so my black lace bra was showing. He pushed my bra up just enough so my breast were still covered but the bullet wound between them was visible. He glanced up at my pale, probably extremely blush filled face, for a moment. His eyes were black with a red ring around his pupils. He smiled then licked the wound clean making me moan in both pleasure and pain. Once he was finished he leaned his head back to show his fangs being push back into their original place. I looked down at my now healed wound, but froze with fear when my sisters steps rattled the old wooden stairs.

"Don't move you're still injured, I couldn't thoroughly cure you, with out killing you, I'll handle your sister.you are going to be ok, I promise." He said before he kissed me passionately then picked up the gun.

"N-no WE are going to be ok." I corrected him, he gave me a sympathetic expression then tossed me his phone.

"Record every thing." he demanded. I clicked the record button and pretended to be wounded, he did the same.

"I should have known you would tried to double cross me. pathetic." Bay hissed.

"You would kill your own kin? your own flesh and blood?" Elijah accused.

"Would? I did. Now what's left is you. Always getting in my way. You don't deserve to live.... Orphan." Elijah pulled the trigger and the gun went off. Bay simply laughed.

"You missed." She snickered.

"Did i?" He asked pointing at the bullet wound in her head. She reached up to touch it then dropped to the ground motionless.

I stopped the video when I heard the police sirens go off, Elijah ran to my side holding me up right and just when every thing seemed ok again, a gun went off. I dropped to the ground, Elijah was flat on the ground. The cops put their guns down and ran to me.

"Elijah! no! What did you do?!" I screamed as my throat was choking up with blood. I couldn't speak any more, just moan.

"Breathe!" The paramedics ordered. I can't. I saw them carry Elijah body away, his parents stood at the door expressionless.

Take my life, not his, please! I begged, I don't know to who but I did.

"Breathe! its like she is fighting to die! she is literally holding her breath!" The paramedics began to shout at one another.

My Blood! he needs me! Don't let him die! I was practically shouting, yet they couldn't hear me!

"Kendall! Stop fighting us! Breathe! you are killing your self!" My eye sight was blurring but I managed to see Elijah parents come close to me.

"Mam you can't get so close-" I felt a hand cup my face and they pain went away.

Take my life, please save him! he can't die! I begged again hoping she would hear me.

"Kendall, You NEED to listen to me, Elijah is not dead, As long as you live, he won't die, Live Kendall, so Elijah can live. Save my son." The hand left a warm spot on my face. I flicked my eyes open and took a deep breath.

"She is breathing! Some minor wounds but she is going to be fine. Lets get her to ICU to operate." My body was being lifted off the ground and on to a gerney. Out side I Elijah sitting up in his gerney, with his mother by his side. He was ok. The cop who fired at him was being pinned next to a squad car.

"Mam, lay down please." I felt the gerney go up on to the ambulance.

"NO! let me go." I ripped off the tubes from my nose and arm, then ran off the ambulance. Elijahs eyes widened. I raced to his gerney where he lay and buried my face into his chest. His arms wrapped tightly around me.

"Don't leave me alone, any more...please?" I begged. I never knew how emotionally fragile I was until now.

"Mam, you need to-"

"Leave her be, she will be fine with me." He moved aside letting me lay on the gerney with him. I have never felt more at peace.

For the first time since I came home, I felt happy.