Like an Angel

Elijah

My hands searched the bed with hunger. To no avail, they clutched the cold blanket. I snapped up and noticed i was sleeping in Kendalls place. Her scent was still clear in the room.

I found my self following her scent down the hall ways, until my parents and sister stood in awe out side the studio.

"Dad? Mum? " They shushed me and waved me closer. The sound of melodies became louder, Looking through the glass door I saw an angel dance. Twirls, and twists, She was gliding so elegantly across the floor. She wore pearl white Bloch Serenade point shoes with my sisters muscle shirt and black shorts that made her legs look longer.

She made a sequence of spirals and twirls until her leg was off the ground. It was beautiful. The song came to an end and she gracefully finished with a twirl.

We all clapped making her jump and turn a bright coral color.

"D-did i wake you?" She muttered hiding her face.

"In the most beautiful way! Im glad you feel better, sweetie, do want some thing to eat? name it and its yours." My mom gushed wiping stray tears from her eyes. My mom exagerates alot.

"Kendall, care to join me for a walk?" I offered and maybe im mistaken but i saw her eyes light up just a little bit more. She nodded her response and ran to the ballet pole slipping on a blue high waisted skater skirt. I noticed she left her ballet shoes on and i looked in confusion.

"i need to break them in, your sister gave them to me..." Answering my unheard question.

Soon we were walking in the garden. Her smile made the flowers bloom. It seemed like the memories of last night seemed to fade away. The wind blew her hair into her face letting me step into action. I raised my hand to brush the hair away from her face, but as a reaction to that she raised both hands in front of her face and cringed as if i were attacking her. Hurt stung me. She thought i was going to hurt her.

I looked away from her to keep from tearing up.

"Elijah....I-Im sorry....i didnt mean to offend you....it just became a force of habbit." I sighed a turn to face her.

"I will never hurt you Kendall, i cant bet my poor excuse of a life on it aswell if thats what you wish. Call me a liar, freak, idiot if you may, But NEVER compare me to those.....those vermin." I hissed with tears threatning to fall. Her eyes looked away from mine as if she were thinking deeply and in a swift movement two arms wrapped around my waist. Kendall pressed her face against my chest allowing me to hug back. Sadly she broke away. I can see why, she hasnt eaten and my mother cooking found its way to Kendalls heart. I grabbed kendalls waist and threw her over my shoulder. She is way too light. 

"Elijah! stop!" She giggled playfully.

My mother stood in the door way smiling.

"Elijah put the poor girl down!" She joined our play fight.

"No! Im gonna eat her! rawr!" Kendall bursted into a rage of laughter sending me in a trance. I finally let her down and she charged to the meal my mother set up. She ate like never before. My father decided to ask.

"Kendall, how did you get the scars on your wrist?" Her heart stopped and she became pale then purple.

"Dammit Breathe Kendall!" I shouted. In seconds she was on the ground with my dad trying to calm her.

What could have possibly made her want to harm her self? What is so bad that she reacted this way?

I want to know why this angel is so sad.