A Real Family

Kendall

"Hey Kendall, how do you feel?"

Instictivly My arms wrapped them selves around his slender waist pulling him tightly to my body.

"Alex.." I whispered into his chest, i knew he wasnt 'Alex', for one alex was a girl, but for that moment i wanted to pretend.

"N-no its Elijah. Sorry about that." He sounded a bit let down, i giggled into his chest.

"I can live with that."

"Is 'Alex' your boy friend?" He sounded a bit hurt.

"No, Alex is a girl." He sighed his relief and hugged tighter.

~~~~~~

"Rapist! Dont you touch my baby!"

"Mom."

"If i find a scratch on her body, you will regret it!" my mother hollered again.

"Mom!"

"What?!" I giggled.

"This is Elijah, a friend from school, He did not touch me. I am fine. I was being careless and bumped my head walking home yesterday, if elijah hadnt found me, only god knows what would have happened!" I explained making her expression go from anger to gratitude.

"Oh Elijah! im so sorry, i guess i over reacted, do you want some thing to eat or drink?"

"No thats fine,Mam, and i ate before i came." He spoke flashing her one of his award winning smiles that made any girl swoon.

After the introductions, Elijah and I sat on the porch.

"Your mom....She seems...different."

"Yea my mom is pretty weird. what are your parents like?" He sighed loudly.

"Im...adopted, the last time i saw my parents i was too young to understand what it means to have 'parents'."  I felt my eyes water.

"However my foster parents are everything i could ever want for parents." His thumb stroke the single tear off my cheek.

I layed my head against his chest and we stayed like this for what seemed like endless hours after hours, until he left home.

There was a destiny set today for him and i, as friends, lovers, and enemies.

"Kendall, that boy....he is alot like..." She didnt dare to finish that sentence, my mother wasnt that stupid.

"Yea he is, he is different, unique, my friend, mom." She bit her cheek looking for the right words.

"Be careful kendall, You have come too far to fall again. Remember last year Kendall." I shuddered the thought,she was right, losing elijah would wreck me just as bad as alex did, and we both knew it could very well happen again.

"Talking about Alex? i really miss her, Elijah is an orphan, i heard he tried to kill him self before.." Bay mumbled nonchalant.

"What are you poking at?" i defended a bit annoyed by her.

"Well he could do it again...you know, if he is reminded of how alone he really is....poor boy, i feel for him,truly sad to be an orphan." she stressed the word. She was right as well, he had a crack in his reflection. However we all do, we are all a little broken, rusted, and shattered but our faults make us real.

"no. he isnt alone, im here, and this time, its a promise."