I'm alive.

Kendall

My first thought was the annoying tubes around my face and arms. The discomfort I felt every times a loud beeping sound rang through my ears, made it more clear to me that I had to be in hell. This couldn't be heaven, it was too painful to be heaven. I waited patiently for the little hums and whispers to stop so that I could think. Maybe this is purgatory...maybe I'm in the transition between life and death.

"Kendall? If you can hear me, baby I need you to move, show me you can hear me." A sigh of relief flooded through out my body. I felt a hand intertwine with mine, it didn't take long for me to notice the warmth and to notice that it was Elijah.

"mmm I in hell?" I asked in a mumble, Elijahs cheerful chuckle filled the room.

"well me being here I see why you would think that, however no you are in a hospital. your whole family was here, even your father, who explained in detail how he would get away with murder if I harm you." I couldn't help but laugh. After a while my vision cleared up and I could see better.

"Where are they?" I asked with confusion apparent in my voice.

"I made them go home and get some rest. Kendall, I hate to pressure you but do you remember any thing that happened that night you were attacked, any familiar scent, hair color, voice?" He seemed very worried.

"I-I'm sorry Elijah but I don't....." I hadn't noticed the beeping go off and Elijah holding me as I sobbed like an infant.

"I'm so scared..." I mumbled unthinkingly. He pulled me back to examine my face.

"Listen to me. No one on this earth will get away with hurting you. I will find and Kill who ever I need to, until you feel safe again. Do you understand, kendall?" I nodded and was pulled away by nurses.

"Kendall you need to calm down ok?" Elijah asked stern, as he looked into my eyes.

"Make it go away..." I whispered and I leaned back into the mountain of pillows behind me.

"Kendall?"

"Make it go away please..." I continued to beg. I wasn't begging him, I was still in so much pain, emotionally and physically. I was begging my self in a way.

"I'm sorry Kendall...." I heard him mumble to himself. I wanted to answer him, I wanted to tell him it wasn't his fault, but I found my self in a war with sleep. 

I remembered one thing out of every thing....one thing that's seems like nothing but in this very moment, it was every thing.

Elijah

I stared at my reflection in the broken pieces of the mirror that now layed all over the sink. My knuckles were purple for a split second then faded to a light red color with small scratches of where the glass broke my skin. Although it didn't sting when the hot water poured through the small wounds, some part of me wished it would. Maybe that sense of pain could tell me when enough was really enough.

I pushed away from the sink and rushed out the hospital restroom, sadly I was stopped by my father's alarmed angered expression.

"Elijah. Explain, now!" he hissed looking passed my body and into the restroom.

"She is in pain because of me...I hurt her, how can I save her when I'm the one hurting her?!" I found my self being hurled out of the hospital and into the car.

"How is any of this your fault?" he asked confused.

"there was another vampires scent on her skin. She had an anxiety attack when I tried to make her remember, she must have been forced not to tell." I explained. He looked at me with a stern expression.

"This is not your fight any more, this vampire isn't just harming Kendall, He is harming all of us. Do not! And I repeat, Do not, attempt to go at this alone." He never seemed more like a father than he did now.

"She should have died, Elijah. You saved her life." He now whispered, as if I were a small unstable child.

"I know, but what if I'm not there next time?"

"you will be." t'was all he said.