Chapter 14

I received a few comments from previous chapter like isnt Eve Kyle's maker? Yes, She is, but she don't remember and of course somehthing happened when she turned him . So, Keep reading , and the secret will be revealed soon (not this chapter)  :) .

Kyle dropped me off and gave me a hug and a peck on the side of my cheek before driving off. I turned and unlock the front door quietly. 

  "Jeez!" a yelp escaped from my lips and I jolted back as I received Max's deadliest gaze ever while he had his arm crossed. 

  "Who's that guy?" his voice was dripped with venom and colder than the north pole. 

  "O-oh," I swallowed nervously, trying to form words in my mouth,"h-he? He's ky-Kyle". I swallowed again. Why was I so nervous? 

  "Kyle?" Max narrowed his eyes and gave me a wary look. He raised an eyebrow and asked nonchalantly, "Is he your boyfriend?" 

  "Of course not!" I clarified urgently and paused a moment, "dude, are you jealous?" I eyed him skeptically before bursting into laughter. 

  "Y-you blushed!" I stated, pointing at him continuing laughing at his cute expression. "It’s cute!" I commented. 

  "Wh-what?" he hawked. He cleared his dry throat with fear. I kept laughing, clenching my stomach with my hand as my sides were starting to hurt from laughing so much. He was so cute. I felt the butterflies in my stomach knowing that Max was jealous of Kyle. 

  I bite my lips from smirking, I threw my arms over Max and reassured, “he is just a friend". 

  "Really?" Max asked incredulously. 

  I rolled my eyes, cupped his face and looked in between his eyes," he is just a friend, don't worry". 

  A smile crept up his face, “good to hear that." he crushed me against him. 

  A few seconds later, he let go of me and announced, "Oh, by the way the meeting will be held tomorrow night, old place". 

  Such a mood breaker, my lips pulled aside as I groaned, irk, "Can we just skip the school?"  

  "No."

  "Please?" I make the puss look from 'puss in the boots' with my lips pouting. 

  "No." he replied in a firm tone.

  "That's no fun, actually you're no fun" I complain as I walked into the house and did what I was dying to do for the whole day. 

  Nap.

***

  I swore I set the alarm 3am, so that I could have some fun at the club for the night. However, for some reason, I missed the alarm. When my eyes opened, I was greeted by annoying sunlight, which shone through the window. I moaned and put a pillow over my face hoping that I could continue my peaceful sleep and hopefully I could skip the school. 

  But, unfortunately my hope was soon crushed as the 'idiotic' Max started to play rap songs downstairs and turned it to maximum volume. Just my luck.

  I gritted my teeth, furious by Max's 'smart' way of waking me up. Because our species have damn good hearing, the song was literally hitting my poor eardrums then through my brain painfully. I tried to use the pillow to cover my ears to reduce the noise pollution. But it didn't help at all. 

  I shot up from my bed and ran down the stairs to see Max sitting on couch grinning up at me as though he had just won the best game ever. I dashed across the room to close the goddamn speaker and the next moment I was on top of Max with my hands around his neck.