Chapter 11

"Lucifer is back." His eyes color changed from blue to pure black and his voice were icy cold and his words sent shivers down my spine.

"Lucifer?" my eyes hardened in confusion.

"Yes, that Lucifer." Max said in a firm tone as he continued," the troublemaker who wants power and to rule our world."

I inhaled a sharp breath as I recalled in the afternoon I sensed a strong familiar dark aura for a second. It must be him. Lucifer. The troublemaker. Not only did he break the laws, killing humans randomly and making others clean up his mess, he also messed with our kind by killing vampires so he could take our blood to make himself stronger. It's true that drinking vampire blood made vampires stronger, but at the same time it almost made you go insane and lose control of yourself because the power was too strong for a vampire to control.

"I thought he was not allowed to come to the human world?" I asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Yes, somehow he muddled through the security guard and came to hide somewhere on Earth," Max spoke as his jaw twitched.

I asked bewildered, "What? He escaped under their eyes?" That's almost impossible, the soldiers who guard at the entrance between our world and the human world were all highly trained.

"Someone must have helped him out. It's impossible for him to have come out by himself," I presumed as I looked at Max's reaction.

He let out a deep breathe as he ran his finger though his hair, "It must be."

I put my hand on his shoulder trying to relax him, "Chill Max, I'm sure the others will do something about it."

"That's the problem Eve, they assigned us for this mission and we are going to meet them in a few days" Max seated himself on the couch with a thud and leaned back, looking at the ceiling with a bored face.

"Wow, great." I said sarcastically and blurted out, "Actually I think I know where Lucifer is."

"Where?"

"In our academy." Max stiffened. He sat upright whilst staring at me incredulously, "You sure? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"I sensed his aura, I didn't know it was him at that time." I shrugged and added on hesitantly, "and I wouldn't say I was hundred percent that it was him. The aura left as fast as it appeared."

"Eve, be careful. If it's really Lucifer, do not make the move first, we need to discuss with them." Max warned with an intense face. I rolled my eyes at his seriousness and replied, "Okay."

"Promise?"

I joked to erase the tension, "Why don't you ask for a pinky promise?"

"Eve," Max scowled at me, not finding my joke funny at all.

"Alright, promise."

~

"Eve, when are we going to watch our sparkling movie?" Jess pouted and fluttered her long lashes.

"No, I'm not watching it!" I repeated for the third time. Jezz, did she not understand no? She kept begging me like there was no tomorrow with her not-so-working puppy face.

"Eve , Eve, Eve, Eve, Ev-" I cut her off and rubbed my ears in annoyance. God, how did she end up as my best friend? She was acting just like a five years old kid, possibly worse.

I shot death glares at her, "Fine! I'll go!"

"AWESOME!" Jess shot both of her fists in the air in happiness and immediately locked her arms around mine giggling happily as we meandered towards the classroom.

I found a seat and collapsed on the chair ungracefully with a loud thud. Now what? I placed my chin above my hand as I looked at the entrance waiting for the class to start. Hopefully, time will pass fast so I could go outside and play for a while.

Max walked into the class with a small smile plastered across his flawless face. Mm, so Max was taking the same class as me? Great, I thought sarcastically.

He strode towards the table that was set on the other side of the class. Wait, what was he doing walking towards the teachers' desk? I frowned.

He stopped at the table and announced, " Hi class." He sent me a crooked smirk.

Wait, WHAT?