Chapter 9

This chapter is dedicated to LipsOfDeceit to thank her so much for helping me out ^^! 

TATATADA ~ okay , Im really sorry for not posting any stories for such a long time. I got serious writer block, heavy projects on. and yeah many things happened. but now im back, i will continue to write but i dont think i will upload really fast. maybe 2,3,4 days for one chapter? . anyway, thank you so much for people who still sticking with this story . dont hate me please >_< . you guys are awesome (Y)

love ya all , xoxo.

on to the story~~

Hot, stinky air engulfed me as I walked towards the crowded street. It was uncomfortable; too warm, too crowded and too loud. One word that could describe it was crazy.

The cars were racing at an incredible speed; it seemed too fast for a human. It was obviously a car race for vampires. I felt a tiny bit of regret for not listening to Max. Not because it was dangerous but because it wasn’t my taste. Don’t get me wrong, I love sport cars, but racing? Not really. People were cheering at the top of their lung for their team. Damn it, I seriously was going to get hearing problems when the race finished, and I wasn’t even sure if I could endure this torture all the way through to the end.

“Eve! We need to-” Jess tried to tell me something, but the crowd was too noisy.

“I can’t hear you!” I shouted back. I needed to go to a quieter place or else I would get a headache real soon.

Jess seemed to notice my discomfort. She warned me telepathically, ‘Bare with me,’ before she pulled me through the crowed with insane speed before I had even prepared myself.

Finally, after we managed to pass through the crazy amount of ‘obstacles’, Jess bought me to a small corner, where there were less people.

"Jess, I really want to leave, you know this isn't really my thing," I explained, secretly hoping that I could run away from this somehow and go back to my 'warm' house where I could surf the Internet or play computer games. Yes, I know. I'm a boring person.

Jess rolled her eyes, threw her arm over me and pulled me tightly to her as if to prevent me from running away. “Eve, seriously, it’s not even been three minutes and you’re telling me you don't like it? Come on! It's gonna be real fun later," she winked and added, "Trust me, the best is yet to come".

*

Bullets of sweat formed on my forehead. I shouldn't be acting like a coward. I should be cool like a vampire. Jeez why am I doing this to myself? I couldn't help but whisper to myself as I tightened my sweaty hands, gripping on the steering wheel. I swore I would kill Jess right after this race, even though it wasn't her fault in the first place. But it is 'her fault' for convincing me to participate in this stupid race, knowing that I have totally no experience in it, but somehow Jess convinced me. I shouldn't forget that she was always good at persuading people to do something ridiculous.

‘Stay cool Eve,’ I mentally told myself. I am a vampire and this is nothing that I should be scared of. At least, it won't bite me. Duh. I looked at Jess and she sent me her sweet innocent smile with a thumb up. I returned her a glare, along with a middle finger and cursed under my breath. I wasn’t really a good girl.

"3,2,1 GO!" I pressed the pedal all the way to the end the moment the flag waved down. Shit, am I doing this right? I was totally clueless. My super sweet best friend, who I was so going to kill later on, gave me no hint or anything. The only thing she taught me was. "Right; speed; left; brake; don’t hit anyone and don't die, full stop." Thanks to her ‘good advice’, it didn’t help me at all. So I did what my first instinct told me to. Die or not, it'll all be decided by Jesus.

I totally focused on the track and hit the brake pedal when I came across a turn, which may be because of my normal habit where I like to take the lead wherever I went. When I was racing, the only thing in my mind was to overtake those bitches. They were annoying because they were leading me and I will not let that happen. I pressed the pedal to the end and made a turn as close to the white line as possible. I overtook several drivers in the matter of a few minutes. Well, now I was in third position, it did make me feel less annoyed but it also made me feel tenser. I could feel the pressure. The annoying blue car and the red car were in front of me. Just wait.

After trying many ways to create shortcuts to overtake those two, I managed to take one down. My heartbeat rose, if that was possible, as I felt a little joy when I was in second position. One more to go. Just one.

"Last lap" was written on the board as I just passed the starting point. Shit. I need to win this. I tightened my grip once more and I could feel every single part of my muscles tensed up ready for the 'battle'. As I sped up I overtook the blue one. Well that was easy. No, too easy. I continued the next few turns and then the blue one appeared out of nowhere and overtook me again. "Fuck" I cursed. Should've known that would happen. One last turn. Jesus, please make a miracle happen and I will love you forever, I prayed.

Maybe Jesus really heard me. On the last turn, the blue one failed to make a sharp turn, but I didn’t. That one second was enough to allow me to win. I did a small dance in my head as I reached the finish line. Yippee! I exited the car. It was then I heard people roaring in joy and clapping. Out of nowhere, Jess ran to me and hugged me tightly.

"Eve that was AWESOME," she yelled as she embraced me. She was so happy; it was as if she’d won the race. I grinned from ear to ear. Suddenly I remembered what I’d promised myself before the race.

“Ouch Eve! What was that for?” Jess winced, as I smacked her arm hard. She pouted and made a puppy face, which hadn’t worked on me for a very long time. I narrowed my eyes and replied, “That’s for pushing me towards a path of death earlier.”

Jess frowned and looked at me, from head to toe, “You are still talking to me, in good condition, even though you don’t have a beating heart.”

“Yeah, that’s because you stopped my heart a while ago,” I replied lamely as I walked away from the track. Out of nowhere, someone gripped my shoulder. Without a single thought, I grabbed the owner’s hand and brought it forward then pushed it to the back of owner firmly. “Relax, Eve, it’s me.” Kyle complained with a pained expression.

“That’s for touching me without warning,” I shrugged as I let go of his hand.

Kyle swung his arm in a circular motion and smirked, “Good race by the way.”  Oh god, did he watch me race? And he said it was good. I felt my face heat up slowly.

"Eve, do you want hang out with me sometime?" Kyle asked all of a sudden. I think he - wait, did I hear it right? Kyle just asked me out?

We simply stared at each other for a few seconds. Apparently he was waiting for my answer. 
"Sure," I answered him nonchalantly, but inside I was partially doing another dance in my head again. Kyle seemed surprised when I agreed to hang out with him. Did he think that I was going to reject him? Come on. If I did, I would definitely be out of my mind. He was hot and sexy. Why would I reject him?

I smiled sweetly at him before asking, “So when were you thinking?”