Chapter 4

What was that dream? It really crept up on me. What did I do which made him hate me so much? Why?

‘Silly girl, it's just a dream. Don’t worry...’ My inner voice told me.

Yes. It was just a dream, nothing to worry about.

‘‘EVE!! Back to Earth!” Jess waved her hand in front of my eyes, back and forth.

I blinked a few times before I focused my vision onto her. “Yeah?” I asked.

“Are you okay? You look as pale as Edward Cullen in Twilight.” She put on a worried look, but I could see she was trying very hard to hide her laughter behind her face.

“Very funny. And I'm fine. Thanks for asking.” I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

“It's true!” She replied innocently and pouted. “Do you want to go street racing today?” She added.

“Okay…” I wasn't sure if I really wanted to go, but I would like to spend more time with her.

“No! She's not going with you!” Max came out from nowhere and warned Jess.

What is he doing here, again? When would he give me a chance to do something I liked? Why did he always stop me? Why?

I scowled as he walked towards us. He always ordered me around and I really hated it. I swore that I'd not listen to him anymore. I'd going to rebel against him this time, no matter what he said.

“No, I am going!” I reassured Jess.

“I..”

"No, you are not!" Jess was cut off by Max. He looked at me angrily and turned to glare at Jess. He had no reason to do that! He wasn't my parent or guardian! Damn, he had no right to stop me from doing anything I wanted to do.

"You Have NO RIGHT to decide for me!!" I yelled at him as the anger burned rapidly inside me.

He stiffened a little and I could see all different expressions that had formed in his eyes. He was trying to fight with his thoughts. After a long moment of silence, Max smiled sadly to himself and strolled towards me.

Suddenly, I was being pushed to his chest and I felt his arms wrapped around me tightly. "Kitty, please be safe. For me." Max whispered into my ear and left immediately.

I found a warm tear dropped from nowhere and rolled down on my cheek. It wasn't from me. It was from him. Why?

I looked at his back becoming smaller and smaller.

I felt hurt. Why?

*

Max POV.

She hated me now. I was being an overprotective jerk because I wanted her to be safe. If anything happened to her, it would feel as though someone had stabbed me in the heart. I wasn't exaggerating.

We were childhood friends, but at that time, Eve didn't know I was a vampire. In my eyes, she was always a cute, caring, sweet little girl, who was able to make everyone fall in love with her. She was the one I opened my heart for. But everything changed when she was eighteen.

April 23rd was a day I could never forget. It was her birthday. It was also the day the car accident occurred, which killed her family and herself. I was freaked out when I saw her lifeless body lying on the road and covered with blood. I couldn't bare the pain in my heart at the thought that she would leave me forever. The pain was driving me insane and all I wanted was for her to come back.

The thirst for blood suddenly reminded me of hope. I could change her. That was when Eve Smith turned into a vampire. I was so glad that she could live by my side again. I didn't consider that she would hate me for turning her without her permission. All I cared about was that the happiness building inside me was indescribable. She slowly opened her sparkling blue green eyes. The first sentence she spoke caused my heart to instantly turn cold.

"Who are you?"

When those three words came out from her soft lips, I felt confusion instead of hope. Soon after that incident, I realized she lost her memory and emotions. She no long smiled, no longer cried, no longer got angry, like she used to. That was the scariest part. It took her years to get back her emotions. I never wanted to see her get hurt again. That's why I prevented her from doing any risky things. I didn’t want history to repeat itself. Because…

I loved her.

I smiled bitterly to myself. She would never know, would she?

“Yeah. You are right. I have no right to stop you from doing it.” I went up and hugged her tightly.

"Kitty, please be safe. For me." I whispered into her ear and left.