Chapter 2

Four hundred years later.

"Max! I don't want to go to school," I repeated for what must have been the tenth time. It had unsurprisingly failed to work once again.

"NO! You have to," he scolded with very little enthusiasm. “Get in this car, now!” His voice was louder and commanding this time.

A groan escaped from my throat as I jumped into his car. I knew that I couldn't defeat him in anyway, as always. I put on my seat belt, hit random on my iPod, and decided not to talk to Max along the way.

***

Finally, after 15 minutes of seemingly endless driving, we reached the school. I jumped out of the car as soon as it stopped and I was stunned by the sight in front of me! The school, if it could be called that, was beyond description! I couldn’t come up with the right words. I could say “beautiful,” but that was an understatement. Every adjective I could think of didn’t measure up with the building.

The architecture and structure of the school was like a castle. The building was painted white without as much as a speck of dirt. I was really impressed. Who came up with such a cool idea and how did the school manage to keep it so clean?

Not wanting to be late on the first day, I quickened my pace and headed straight to the entrance, trying my best to ignore all the stares and whispers around me. Someone bumped into me as I took a sweeping glance of my surroundings.

"Ouch!" I squealed and winced, not forgetting to act like a normal human girl.

"Oops, are you alright?" A deep, husky, male voice asked me.

I looked up and the first thing that attracted me was his eyes. His midnight blue orbs were so unique; I couldn’t help but stare into them for what seemed like forever. They were so familiar, yet so strange. I wondered if I had met him somewhere before. I tried to recall where or when, but nothing in my memory stood out.

"Hey there, are you okay?" he interrupted, waving a hand in front of my face. I shook myself out of my daze and smiled.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking of something else," I assured him.

"Haha. Me?” He began to chuckle softly, as if he knew that I was lying.

"You wish!!” I snapped and then asked, "Can you show me to the general office?" I must have sounded bipolar.

"Sure, sweetie," he said with that husky voice of his and winked.

I rolled my eyes and followed his lead, which earned me hundreds of glares from girls. Wow, this guy must be popular.

We walked to the office, and he plastered a grin on his face when he saw the old lady sitting at the secretary’s desk. He said, "Morning, Mrs. Thomas. This is Eve Smith. She's the new transfer student."

The old lady gave me a warm smile, as she began to search and flip through a bunch of papers that were stacked neatly right beside her.

"Here’s your schedule, and your locker combination. Kyle will show you the way to your locker," Mrs. Thomas said in sweet, but crackly voice. She gave Kyle a slight nod before going back to do her job.

Wait. How does he know my name? Have we met before? I don't remember him, yet his eyes were too familiar! I decided then that I wouldn’t attempt to remember and just ask him instead.

"Have we met before?" I questioned directly.

He stiffened a little before replying, "No, I don't think so. Why?"

Suspicious.

"How did you know my name?" I frowned.

"Oh, you’re pretty popular here, you know?" He heaved a sigh of relief and smirked. I looked around me, listening to other people whisper to each other.

"Hey, you know that new girl, Eve Smith? Don't you think she's pretty?"

"Look at her! Eve Smith!! I heard that she’s from London...''

Why didn't I notice this before? I'm famous without needing to do anything. Hooray!

I turned to look at him and asked politely, "Can we go now, Kyle?”

"Sure." He took a look at my schedule and led the way.

The inside of the school was just as stunning as the outside. The wall was painted in white. Some Candles were lit along the corridor. All the girls were wearing sparkling, silver bracelets, and guys were wearing glossy, black watches to represent that they’re Ellis Academy students. I can't wait to get one soon. Numerous statues were also placed at the side of the school; all of them looked so real! They were like frozen humans from ancient times.

Wow, I was glad that Max had such a good taste in choosing an academy. Speaking of Max, where was he? I searched for him among the throng of students and found him flirting with girls, instead of helping me out like Kyle had. What a great friend! I snorted, planning to ignore him for the rest of my life, which meant eternity.

We reached the class, and Kyle handed me my schedule. He said, "Since both of us have almost the same schedule, I’ll show you around the school later during lunch break. Is that okay?"

I thought for a moment. Is it okay? Definitely not. Walking with him would mean that I’d earn glares from other girls and probably gain more haters. Why should I even care about them? If there’s a catfight, I'll surely win, right?

Vampires are so experienced when it comes to fighting. I smirked at that thought. And since Max was going to ignore me, I answered with an, "Okay.”

Kyle took a bracelet out from nowhere and commanded, “You have to..."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," I interrupted and grabbed the bracelet from his hand. It was surprisingly nicer and cuter than I thought. It was made out of stars and hearts. As I squinted my eyes, I found my name, "E V E", written on it with an unknown sign, which looked somewhat like a pair of angel wings. I widened my eyes in surprise. This academy is so awesome! I was really starting to love it. Just as I was about to put the bracelet on my right wrist, Kyle stopped me.

''Wha-'' I was about to ask what the sign meant, when Kyle cut me off.

"Put it on your left hand; you don't want it to annoy you when you're writing. The sign actually represent your strength and ability.''

"Oh, thanks for reminding me.” I said, blushing slightly. Kyle is really sweet... No, no, no! What the hell am I thinking? Stop daydreaming, Eve! I warned myself silently.

"Shall we enter the classroom?" Kyle asked, smiling gently.

Oh, here comes the real Hell...

A Romance That Shouldn't Exist. (ON HOLD)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें