[ 070 ]

apartment #104
yoon jeonghan, hong jisoo

jisoo yawned and desperately tried to shake himself awake. he had spent hours reading up and revising anything he could to help chan out.

he couldn't sleep just yet; he still couldn't finish the chapter on differential calculus. chan needed help mostly on that, so jisoo wanted to help him out before his next batch of exams. on top of that, jisoo himself had assignments due in a week that he hadn't started yet.

he couldn't concentrate with his vision swimming in and out of consciousness, and he knew he was dangerously close to blacking out due to exhaustion.

what did a moment like this call for?

"coffee," jisoo mumbled, standing up and trudging to the kitchen blindly.

he felt around for the light switch and squinted once the bright led light hit his eyes. he stumbled over to the coffee machine and saw that there was a plate of cookies and a note next to it.

I made you some cookies, since you've been studying all night and probably haven't eaten. Don't worry, they're not poisoned; Mingyu gave me the recipe [kekeke] Please don't overwork yourself. Remember that you have your angel right here~ -Jeonghan

jisoo smiled as he read the note blearily. he really needed coffee, but he ate a few of the cookies first. white chocolate and macadamia. he always knows what i like.

he opened the cupboard and nearly beheaded himself when a pot came flying out. he caught it swiftly and was immediately shaken awake temporarily because of the near-death experience. he made a mental note to tell jeonghan to stop stuffing random things into high cupboards.

"coffee... coffee... no coffee," jisoo muttered. the container was empty, just like his bodily fuel tank.

he sighed and grabbed his keys and wallet from the counter. he decided go all the way to the 24-hour mart across the road to go get a hot coffee. he'd gotten desperate, and they needed more instant coffee anyway.

he grabbed more cookies to eat on the way and headed out, yawning once again. it was way past midnight and the streets were quite quiet. as quiet as downtown seoul could get, at least.

jisoo spotted the bright sign for the 24-hour mart across the road as he exited into the cold night air. he wished he'd worn a thicker coat; it was snowing lightly and the wind was rather chilly. he shivered and hurried across the road.

jisoo was so focused on reaching the door to the 24-hour mart that he forgot to look where he was going.

• • •

"wha?" jeonghan rolled over in his bed groggily and slammed on the light. jisoo wasn't in bed,  and frantic knocking on the door had woken him up.

slightly terrified that someone was banging on his door at 3am, he looked through the peephole. it was seungcheol, looking rather distressed.

"what's wrong?" jeonghan opened the door with a yawn.

"why is jisoo downstairs and close to death on the road instead of in bed with you?" seungcheol asked, words slurring together and his breaths coming out heavy and uneven.

"what?" jeonghan rubbed his eyes, trying to clear the sleep from them. "jisoo was just reading—"

"jeonghan," seungcheol grabbed him by the shoulders firmly, shaking him awake. "call an ambulance."

+

[a/n]

lol this is a fluff fic i swear
it'll be a good thing later so its ok:)