[ 010 ]

apartment #617
???

after two hours of continuous pokémon hunting, seokmin had caught a few varieties he was happy with, although he was stuck with an abundance of rattatas he didn't want.

chan had texted him earlier saying he was now riding around seoul in order to hatch pokémon eggs, as the game required you to walk/ride distances like 2km, 5km and 10km to hatch them. it really was a good excuse to get some exercise; though for both seokmin and chan, this game would definitely take a toll on their stamina during idol training lessons.

having less than an hour left of the morning before having to go back to pledis entertainment to train, seokmin decided he needed to quicken up his pace to catch up all the time he would lose.

a few months ago, seokmin had met junhui and minghao while shopping at a gaming store called 'chuck' in the mall across the road. ever since talking and befriending them, the three had gotten together occasionally to play video games with each other after realising what similar tastes they all had. junhui and minghao were also thankful because seokmin would help them out with perfecting their korean, as they were both studying abroad in seoul from china.

so with a new game like pokémon go coming out, seokmin knew that the three of them would be in an unofficial competition against each other. he had already reached level 5 and had chosen team valor, like he told chan he would. he was pretty sure junhui and minghao would choose team mystic.

wandering the hallway of the sixth floor, seokmin jumped excitedly when he felt his phone vibrate, signalling a nearby pokémon. he nearly screamed when he realised it was a pikachu.

he thought he'd have to wander to the strangest locations in order to catch a pikachu, but praise the lord, there was one right in front of him. the only thing that was stopping him was the door to apartment #617.

seokmin was startled when he heard a yelp not far from where he was. glancing up from his phone, he saw a boy with black hair and a slightly muscled figure running over to where he was, standing awkwardly outside the apartment.

as the boy ran closer, seokmin realised he knew who it was - choi seungcheol, the guy who came by once a month to collect his rent. honestly, seokmin was kind of intimidated by seungcheol, but the guy was friendly enough and they would occasionally smile at each other when passing by.

seungcheol halted when he saw the brown haired boy standing in front of apartment #617. "oh hey, seok..." he trailed off, having forgotten his name.

"...min. are you playing pokémon go?" seokmin asked.

seungcheol grinned. "yeah. are you trying to catch the pikachu that's around here?"

seokmin nodded. "i'm not sure if i want to barge into a stranger's home just to catch a pikachu, though."

"well, lucky you've got me! i'm the landlord's son, after all," seungcheol grinned.

he knocked confidently on the door, while seokmin stepped back nervously. do it for the pikachu.

the door opened several seconds later to a tall boy with bleached blond hair and really plush lips. seungcheol, being the unofficial rent collector, recognised the boy. "oh hey, seokjin."

you remember seokjin's name but you can't remember mine?

"oh, seungcheol! you're not here to collect the rent, are you? it's not the end of july yet..." seokjin said in confusion.

"oh no, no. um, do you know about this game called pokémon go?" seungcheol asked.

seokjin laughed. "of course! i've already downloaded it, but my roommate namjoon threatened to kill me if i started playing without him. he's at some meeting right now."

"oh, well. then you won't mind if we come in? there's a pokémon in your apartment, apparently," seungcheol said cautiously.

"which one?" seokjin asked, narrowing his eyes.

seungcheol contemplated whether to lie or not. "pikachu," he eventually said. seokmin shifted nervously next to him.

"what?! are you serious? no way! i'm not letting you guys get a pikachu!" seokjin promptly slammed the door in their startled faces and frantic footsteps could be heard inside.

seokmin hit seungcheol's shoulder. "why'd you have to tell him it was a pikachu?"

"well, he would've found out eventually and kicked us out anyway!" seungcheol shot back.

"ah, our loss then. i'll see you around, seungcheol," seokmin sighed and began walking away.

seungcheol wasn't having it. he decided to go back to his apartment and grab the spare keys he had for every apartment, and maybe even make a note to raise seokjin and namjoon's rent price for this month. trespassing or not, he needed that pikachu.

+

[a/n]

i kinda miss playing poke go ngl
it was fun when everyone was playing it lol