[ 025 ]

apartment #717
choi seungcheol

"oh hey, jeonghan," seungcheol greeted as he opened the door. jeonghan was standing in the hallway carrying a medium-sized painting, its canvas backing facing seungcheol. "is that for august?"

"yep. hope you like it," jeonghan grinned and turned the painting to face seungcheol. it was painted using oil paints and was heavily textured. the subject of the artwork suddenly made seungcheol feel hungry; it was a plate of sushi and egg rolls.

"why did you decide to paint this?" seungcheol questioned. "it's gonna make me hungry every time i look at it."

"jisoo did a hilarious impression of an egg roll the other day," jeonghan explained nonchalantly.

"that's... you know what, i won't ask." seungcheol never really understood things that happened between jeonghan and jisoo. though they both seem quite normal individually, it's a different story when they're together.

"thanks for the painting. i'll probably put it up in the lobby." though he'd sold quite a few of jeonghan's paintings already for the money, seungcheol didn't have the heart to not keep at least a few. jeonghan's paintings brought a unique colour to the building and separated it from the other identically built apartment blocks surrounding them.

as soon as he bid jeonghan goodbye, he saw hansol and seungkwan sauntering up the hallway towards his apartment. "yo, cheol!" seungkwan hollered in his trademark english.

"hey! haven't seen you guys for a few days," seungcheol greeted.

seungcheol hadn't seen them since the whole pokémon go thing happened - he himself had gotten bored of it after 'hoshi' proved to be unbeatable. as a result, both hansol and seungkwan also lost interest in playing, almost like they were baby ducklings following mother duck seungcheol.

seungcheol didn't know who 'hoshi' was, but he both hated and admired the guy. he'd heard from others that as soon as 'hoshi' seemingly captured the mewtwo, he disappeared from the radar. not that seungcheol really cared anymore; his obsessions tended to change quite randomly.

"yeah, we wanted to let you cool off for a while," hansol said. "but we're here to ask you if you wanna come to the new arcade that just opened up in the mall!" he continued in an upbeat tone.

"new arcade?" seungcheol questioned.

"yeah, we heard about it on the news this morning. it's called 'mansae'!" seungkwan said.

"oh, well come in first. i still gotta eat breakfast. but yeah, i'd love to go! haven't been to an arcade in ages," seungcheol said excitedly. these two really knew how to cheer him up.

the two followed seungcheol into his apartment and sat down at his dining table while he pulled out some cereal and milk. "hmm, should we invite some other people? the more the merrier," seungcheol wondered.

"if you want, i guess," seungkwan said. he and hansol had both taken out their phones and begun scrolling through them - probably instagram or something.

"i'll invite soonyoung because he seems like the arcade kind of person. maybe jihoon too. you know them, don't you?" seungcheol asked.

"i know soonyoung," seungkwan said, "and i know jihoon is his roommate. but i've never talked to him before."

hansol shook his head. "i've met soonyoung a few times. but i don't really know him. or jihoon."

"oh, i'm sure you guys will be great friends," seungcheol grinned. he opened up the group chat he had with soonyoung and jihoon to invite them.