[ 026 ]

apartment #417
jeon wonwoo, kim mingyu

"i'm sorry, wonwoo-hyung!" mingyu pleaded through the bathroom door to his roommate who was inside changing. "i'm terrible at waking up in the morning. i probably should've told you that earlier, but i really wanted to watch the reruns!"

wonwoo hated to admit it, but he really loved teasing mingyu. the boy was pretty easy to push around (not in a negative way, of course). maybe he was being too harsh on the boy, but mingyu apologised way too easily and wonwoo found it really endearing. it wasn't like wonwoo was ever actually mad at mingyu, but maybe he did come off as annoyed to someone who didn't know him that well.

"i already told you, it's fine," wonwoo sighed, his voice muffled by the door in between them. he pulled on his black jeans, completing his casual 'i wear black but i'm not emo' look he tended to favour when being dragged out on social outings.

"maybe try sleeping earlier next time," he continued, opening the door. mingyu stumbled forward as if he had been leaning on the door. he caught himself before he could knock wonwoo over, rubbing his neck sheepishly.

mingyu laughed hesitantly, baring his blindingly white canines in a full, toothy smile. "no promises. anyway, let's go!"

grabbing their bags and locking the door behind them, the two boys exited the apartment block. mingyu had insisted on going to the newly opened arcade with wonwoo that afternoon.

wonwoo honestly loved playing games, but was never the type to go to arcades unless his friends dragged him along. he would've said no to going, but wonwoo found it really hard to ignore the pleading look mingyu was giving him (and the fact that mingyu would probably whine about it for a few more hours if wonwoo insisted on staying home).

after living with mingyu for around two weeks, wonwoo found it increasingly harder to keep his composure around the apartment. mingyu was loud, needy, whiny, clumsy... the list could go on, but wonwoo knew that deep down, he wasn't actually annoyed with the boy.

of course, he wouldn't admit that, but for reasons he didn't know, he was frustrated. frustrated that though mingyu was everything he disliked in a person, he didn't hate him at all. in fact, he felt curious, drawn to him and his awkward nature. from the moment he saw mingyu's goofy smile on seokmin's phone, he was intrigued.

wonwoo would often ask for advice as well as rant to junhui and occasionally minghao and seokmin about his frustrations. the things they had said in response were bothering him.

"i'm pretty sure that anyone listening to you right now would agree that you probably like him very much."

"he likes you a lot more than you think, you know."

"i'm telling you that you actually have a chance with mingyu."

he hated his friends for even suggesting such things.

wonwoo never actually had a problem with who he was. he was openly gay for a majority of his life. he never questioned it, but just knew that deep down he was 'different'. his high school life went just as well as you'd expect - isolated, bullied, looked down upon just because he didn't like girls. he hated living in an ignorant, majority-rules society. 

he always felt like more of an introverted person, but after being shamed upon throughout his high school years, his smiles became rarer and he retreated further back into himself, hiding behind his grown and matured poker face. he became really good at hiding his emotions.