Chapter 8

Esperonza's POV

"Ronza, Ronza, wake up." A voice whispered. The hoarse voice seems to be very close to my ear, making me squirm with its ticklish sensation.

"Ronza.?" The same voice asked. But this time I felt something heavy and warm on my forehead. A hand.

"Shoot, why isn't she up.?" I heard the voice complain.

Omg.! Why didn't I notice that the voice is very deep and masculine?

With that thought in mind, I let my heavy eyelids fly open, my body rolling out of what I assume was a bed and made a defense stance.

My eyes were now wide with alert as I grabbed the nearest thing my hand could make contact with.

Great, a pen.

Why does this feel like déjà vu?

"What? Are you going to attack me with that pen? Like what you had tried to do at the bus stop.?" A voice asked, cutting me out of my trance.

My eyes shot up to find Eric staring at me with amusement. I let out a sigh of relief, giving him a glare and dropping the pen on the drawer.

I scanned my surroundings and fidgeted with the hem of my....shirt.? I didn't wear any shirt last night. Where did these boxers come from.?

Deciding to voice my thoughts I gave Eric a confused look.

"Why am I....." My sentence was cut short when I felt my throat go dry, resulting me into a coughing fit.

Eric was right by my side in a flash, patting my back as he handed me a glass of water.

I gulped the water down and handed it back to Eric with a grateful smile. He returned the texture and gave me a concerned look. "Are you feeling okay.?"

I nodded my head and turned to look at him. "Umm, how did I get into these clothes.?"

Eric looked uncomfortable as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Umm..... It...I..-" Eric stuttered, looking at anything but me.

"Are you telling me that you had changed me into these clothes.!?" I shouted, feeling embarrassed and furious.

"What did you expect me to do.? Leave you in your wet dress and let you get sick.?" Eric sneered, glaring at me.

"Well uh duh. I would rather sleep in my wet clothes than letting your filthy hands undressing and changing me." I sneered back, feeling my head go dizzy.

Before Eric could say anything, I let out a weak whimper, massaging my temples as I stumbled back to the bed.

"Ronza, take these. It should make you feel better." Eric said, bending in front of my knees as he handed me two tablets of Panadols.

"It's Esperonza to you. Not Ronza." I said, taking the pills and the refilled glass of water from his hand.

Eric let out a defeated sigh and grabbed the glass of water from my hand, grasping my left wrist in his other free hand.

"Come on, you need to eat something. The Doctor said you need to drink plenty of water and get a lot of sleep." Eric explained, gently pulling me behind him.

"But I need to get to work. I'm already late." I complained checking the clock to read that it was 8:26am.

"Well consider this your day off, Miss. Hollister." Eric says, emphasizing my last name.

Before I could say anything I was suddenly pushed into a chair, a plate filled with chocolate chip pancakes with syrup on top, a plate of bacons, scramble eggs, hash browns, and toast with butter were displayed before my wide eyes.