Chapter 1

Esperonza's POV

"You little piece of trash!"

"Your so useless and lazy.! Couldn't you at least do something right.!"

"I hate you I wish you weren't my sister, your such an embarrassment.! Your ugly and so....ugh!"

I let out a loud whimper as I jolted up from my deep sleep. My eyes were wide open, my heart hammering like the beat of the drum. My body shook as tears ran helplessly down my cheeks.

Those words never fail to make me feel like this. Hurt, unwanted, alone, sad, broken, and worthless. After everything I've been through, I will never be able to forget about those cruel words.

4:26am it says on my table alarm.

Drip. Drop. Drip. Drop. Outside the sky was dark with rain clouds. I wrapped the fluffy blanket closer to my chest and reached out for my iPhone 5 and laid back down while putting my earphones on.

Playing Closer by Chainsmoker ft Halsey I made myself get lost in the lyrics. I hated the rain, it reminds me of the past and everything in it. Turning the volume up, I dismissed everything out of my head and just let my body relax to the beat of the song.

Two more hours before my first interview ever, with one of the biggest business here in American Samoa. I hope I will get hire. Considering I already graduated from college with my Bachelor's degree, I had a little light of hope.

********************************

"Heavenly Father please help me today. I need to have your comfort as I go through this interview. You and I both know that I need this job, since I ra-"

"Esperonza Hollister?" The blonde pretty girl that was maybe about a year older than me asked as she cut me off from my thoughts. "Umm, y-yes that's me...I-I'm Esperonza Hollister." I stuttered out.

Well that was a smooth way for a first impression. The voice in my head chanted. Shut up! You litt-

"Aren't you going to follow me Miss Hollister?" The pretty blonde who now looked at me with an annoyed impression on her face, that was caked with too much makeup.

"Sorry." I gritted out, hating her already. I'm one of those many people who believes in "Hate at first sight." This blonde chick is now on my "Soon to be slapped List."

I mentally laughed at my silly thought and followed Miss Blonde. Soon my nerves were back and all my silly thoughts went down the drain. You can do this Esperonza, you've came so far and you have waited for this moment to come. Straighten up and let's get this over with.!