Chapter 36 - Life is hard

Chapter 35: Five minutes later, he was down with a paper. "Nath, I want to marry Kelsey someday. Not sure when but soon I hope. I want to have a family with her but before that, I want you to know that you're my family. You'll always be part of the family. But I don't want a situation like this to happen again so I want it to be official. I want to adopt you." Tom said as he wrapped an arm around the boy, sitting on the couch. For a minute, Tom held his breath as he searched Nathan's face for an answer but then Nathan surprised them by throwing himself in Tom's arms. "Family" the boy mumbled, "I want to be part of the family." "You're always part of the family, baby. You're my family." Tom affirmed, holding tight on the little boy.

Come whatever may, Tom was prepared to face it all, now that he had his little brother by his side. After all, no matter what, Nathan was his family.

~~~~~~~~

Nathan's life had slowly gotten back on track. He was slowly recovering from his injuries and he was finally accepting the warmth of family. Scooter had finally gotten his step brother behind bars, an act that had gotten Tom quite relieved. Kelsey and Tom were able to be by each other's side without worrying about anything. Nathan finally joined school again. And life was going on, slowly becoming routine as they all enjoyed each other's presence and the feeling of being family again.

This morning Tom woke up next to Kelsey. He smiled as he dropped a kiss to the woman's forehead. For a few nights, Nathan had been bunking with them but finally for the last two days the boy had been able to spend the whole night in his own room, giving Tom and Kelsey their privacy. After quite some time, Tom was finally a man who had no complaints with life. He had his girlfriend by his side. His brother was slowly on the mend. His family was a whole again and he was utterly grateful for that. What else could he ask from life?

Getting up, Tom walked to Nathan's room. And here he was back to doing what he'd done a few times before also. Standing in the doorway as he watched his brother sleep. Tom had had many complaints with life. After all, they'd been through too much. His baby brother had been through so much in his young age. But now they were together and nothing could separate them. "That's kind of creepy but cute" Max whispered as he watched Tom. Tom sighed, smiling softly. "You look like you could cry" Max said. "I could actually" Tom said, voice a little heavy. He gave a little watery chuckle as Max pulled him in a hug. "We're a family man. We'll keep watch that everybody stay together" Max promised. Nodding, Tom looked over at Nathan again. Yup, they're a family and will always stay together.

Life was currently smiling at Tom, perhaps. Sat in the kitchen as they were having breakfast. They all joked and teased each other as Tom encouraged Nathan to eat more given the boy's past eating disorders. They were interrupted by a phone call and Tom nearly found himself worrying but then he eased up when he saw Jay's smile. "Guess what?" Jay asked as he got off the phone. "Our new album's work is going to start soon guys" Jay said. "Finally" Siva cheered. "I'm so excited man" Max added. Tom's smile grew bigger but almost immediately dropped off when he realized what about Nathan now?

He excused himself to go to the living room as he contemplated his future for a while. Sure the album starting again was a good news. But now, they would have to go for recordings, shoots, interviews, meet and greets, concerts, gigs and all. In all that, it meant that he would have to travel a lot and would be rarely home. It also meant he would have to leave Nathan alone at home. Kelsey, maybe, can take care of Nathan but Tom wasn't ready to force either Kelsey or Nathan for that. His brother needed him by his side and he needed his brother too. He wasn't ready to let go of his brother now. Not after all they'd gone through to be together again.

That's when Tom made up his mind. Walking back to the kitchen, he sighed heavily as he said, "Boys, I've thought about for some time now. I'm leaving The Wanted" Tom said. He braced himself for the reactions, heart reproaching him as he heard the shocked gasps and saw the confused faces around him but he had made up his mind now. Maybe life wasn't done with keeping challenges in front him. After all in life you've got to make some hard decisions. Life is hard.

A/N

Dedicated to NazzayahRoxaneLeboleschrebecca16432rapid34Panwar1205nexttohim_bEmilyrocks724DilHowlter04 and Mel_Amelia!

Thank you to those reading.

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment/ Suggest!

P.S – Let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

xx Hailey