Chapter 33 - The savior

Chapter 32: Kelsey could watch in horror as Tom ran through the house that was in flames. The boys shouted at Tom to stop and tried to follow him too but the firefighters had arrived and they weren't allowing the others to follow. They could only hope that nothing bad happens now since Tom had thrown himself in the fire.

~~~~~~~~

Tom couldn't describe the strange fear that had gripped his heart as soon as he saw Scooter's house erupt in fire. As soon as he had gotten that call from Scooter, Tom had a feeling that it was something related to his little brother. He had an intuition that maybe he was finally going to get some news regarding his baby brother now. But when he reached Scooter's house and saw the fire, he had a gut feeling that his brother was there. Hence, he listened to no one as he barged through the door in search for a certain brother.

As soon as he stepped in the house, Tom felt his lungs getting irritated. It was impossible to breathe in that fire and in that case he needed to find whoever was in the house quickly. At first, Tom couldn't see anyone in that house but then he saw a foot behind the couch. Rushing to it, he could already tell that it was Scooter. "Shit, Scoot" Tom gasped as he reached out to turn Scooter over and that's when he found a small body under Scooter's. And that was his little brother. "Nath! Oh god, no. Nathan, damn it." Tom panicked as he tried desperately to wake his little brother up but the boy wasn't at all responding to him.

Tom could feel the panic building in him as his brother gave no reaction. Looking around, he found that the fire was getting even worse. He needed to get them out of there quickly if he didn't want them all to be burned in the house itself. Opting to wake Scooter up, Tom desperately patted the man's cheeks and shook him awake. "Scooter, wake up man. Just get up and lean on me. We'll walk out of here, okay? I can't carry you man, you gotta wake up." Tom shouted. "Nathan... Take Nathan and get out of here" Scooter mumbled. Tom closed his eyes for a moment before making his mind, "I'm taking both of you out here." Lifting Nathan over his shoulder Tom kept Scooter's arm over his shoulder too as he dragged them all out of the house, out of the fire.

Outside, the boys had been in a complete panic. Kelsey had desperately try to run behind Tom to go in the house but Siva and Nareesha had restrained her. Max and Jay tried to follow too but the firefighters kept pushing them back. They were in a complete mess of tears and worry when they saw somebody coming out of the house. Max could only gasp out, "Tom." Tom had managed to drag Scooter and Nathan out of the house, collapsing right into Max's arms as the boys ran forward to help Tom. While Siva helped Scooter, Jay took Nathan from Tom and that's when Tom let his own eyes flutter close as his knees buckled in Max's arms. They would be safe now.

From there on, it had been a quick trip to the hospital. When Tom finally woke up, the first thing he asked was, "how's Nathan?" "He's fine. He's next to you. Still unconscious but he'll be fine" Max informed Tom. They had a feeling that Tom would ask for Nathan first that's why they insisted on getting both boys in a single room. "He'll be fine?" Tom asked. "Sprained his ankle when Scooter pushed him down and his lungs are a bit affected by the smoke but the doctor says he'll be fine" Siva assured Tom. "How's Scooter?" Tom asked. "He suffered some burns but the doctor is looking after it. He'll be okay. His family is with him, right now." Jay said. "And you burnt your back, idiot" Max gently scolded the man. Looking over at Nathan, Tom turned back to Max, offering a smile as he mumbled, "Was totally worth it."

They were all sharing an identical smile after that scare. It was a smile of relief. Maybe now things could get better? After all, when Nathan had a savior like Tom, he had to be fine. Tom was indeed his savior.

A/N

Dedicated to NazzayahRoxaneLeboleschstylesncoffeeNIall_Cupcake_22rapid34EmileeHamilton42Panwar1205Emilyrocks724brooklyn_outworks_it and Mel_Amelia!

Thank you to those reading.

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment!

xx Hailey